Friday, July 4, 2014



Happ4toJuly!!!

We hope you're spending the day with family and friends, celebrating the independence of this great nation. Or, ya know, at least eatin' some BBQ, knockin' a cold one back, and watchin' the kids play in the sprinklers. That's what we'll be doing, after all. :D





Jen: I know me and Katie will be! And we'll also be blowing some stuff up once it gets dark. Thank goodness for living in the country! =) Here's a pic of Katie modeling her new swimsuit and of her showing off the fish she caught in the pond behind our house:



April: We will be heading to my SIL's house for the 4th. She hosts the family get together, because in my community fireworks are forbidden! Seriously, 500 dollar fine if you're caught. I envy Jen's country living. I guess it's for the best since it's so wooded up where I'm at. In the theme of fish... Aubrey went fishing with daddy today and caught her first one. She's way to girly to hold it up like Katie though. lol. This is the closest she would let the fish get to her so I'm told.






Okay, now down to business. We're actually going to hold ourselves accountable for what we put on our Summer TBRs because we challenged ourselves to quite a bit, so we're going to use today's post to kind of monitor our progress. This challenge is based off of our Summer Reads & Recs post, the What We Would Put in Our Summer Beach Bag TTT post, and the What's on Our Summer TBR TTT post.

Here's Jen's Summer Fun TBR and what she's read so far:

The Summer I Turned Pretty Trilogy: The Summer I Turned Pretty; It's Not Summer Without You; We'll Always Have SummerWhat I Thought Was TrueSince You've Been GoneBroken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend (Broken Hearts & Revenge, #1)A Midsummer's NightmareEndless Summer (The Boys Next Door, #1-2)From What I Remember...In HonorSecond Chance SummerUnbreak My Heart

The Summer I Turned Pretty trilogy by Jenny Han
What I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick
Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
*Broken Hearts, Fences and Other Things to Mend by Katie Finn - Just started the audio! :D
A Midsummer's Nightmare by Kody Keplinger
Endless Summer by Jennifer Echols
From What I Remember by Stacey Kramer & Valerie Thomas - DNF'd halfway through :(
In Honor by Jessi Kirby
Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson
Unbreak My Heart by Melissa Walker

I'm not off to a bad start. Gotta pick up the pace, though, because that first one is actually three books!

And here's April's Summer-y TBR:

Second Chance SummerSince You've Been GoneMy Life Next Doorwhat I thought was trueJellicoe Roadwe were liarsNot a Drop to DrinkAmy and Rogers Epic Detourlets get LostNantucket Red (Nantucket, #2)


Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson - oh my gosh, so much love. reviewing soon.
Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
What I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick
Stray by Elissa Susssman
We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
Not a Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis
Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson - Just started the Audio and it's super cute so far!
Let's Get Lost by Adi Alsaid - This one is coming up soon in my list. Pretty excited.
Nantucket Red by Leila Howland

Not bad I must say! Not sure if I'll get to all of them but I'm going to try! Thank goodness for Audio books, otherwise I'd only have two books scratched off so far.

The following are the books that Jen wanted to read this summer that don't necessarily have a summer-y theme...new releases, review copies, etc.:


I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
*Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas - Just started this one, had to re-read the previous books first!
Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins - hasn't released yet, but I did read the chapter sample and it was sooooooo adorable!
Sinner by Maggie Stiefvater - I'll be reviewing this next week!
Exquisite Captive by Heather Demetrios
Where the Silence Gathers by Kelsey Sutton - Uh oh, this releases VERY soon. :(
Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini
Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers
Wild by Alex Mallory - Just reviewed this on Wednesday.
The Jewel by Amy Ewing - buddy reading this one with April later this summer

Okay, so I'm not doing so hot on this list. But I'm working on it. :) It's really hard to prioritize reads because on one hand, I feel the urge to stick to my "schedule" but on the other...I just want to read what I want to read in that moment. *le sigh*

Here are the books April challenged herself to finish reading over the summer:

Through to Youthe Kiss of DeceptionJust like the MoviesThe Stepsisters TaleOne Past MidnightLet's Get Lostsome boysSix Feet over it. How to Fall”The

Through to You by Lauren Barnholdt  - Read this one last week, still need to review
The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson  - Just finished this. OMG, so freaking good!
Just Like the Movies by Kelly Fiore - starting this one over the weekend.
The Stepsister's Tale by Tracy Barrett
One Past Midnight by Jessica Shirvington
Let's Get Lost by Adi Alsaid
Some Boys by Patty Blount
Six Feet Over It by Jennifer Longo
How to Fall by Jane Casey
The Jewel by Amy Ewing - I cannot wait to read this with Jen. <3

Like Jen, I'm not doing as hot with this list. But I think that is because all of these are for review, and my other summer picks have just been ones I want to read, so audio has been an option. Not on this list though, it's all galleys. I'm making my way through it though. I think I'll get at least most of them scratched off before the summer ends.


What books are on your Summer TBR pile? Did you challenge yourself to finish any certain books this summer? We'd love to hear how your progress is going!



10 comments:

  1. Happy 4th of July, ladies! Hope you have an amazing day. Those summer books look really good, I may have to order a few of those myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have an amazing day too!!! :)

      Delete
    2. Hope you had a great 4th! So far, there's only been one summer book that was a dud, so I think we're doing pretty good! Hope you get to a few of these yourself! :)

      Delete
  2. Hope you had a happy 4th. ;) I have American relatives, so we did a mild celebration. x) Good luck with your TBRs! They seem rather ginormous! (Although, what can I say? Mine's like 16 high at the moment and I'm kind of ignoring it to see if it'll shrink...very mature, I know.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, sometimes I wish I could ignore mine too. There are just so many books out there to read. :)

      Delete
    2. By mild celebration, I hope you mean fireworks. There's, like, no other way to celebrate in my book. :P And, yeah, these TBRs are rather massive, but they're nothing compared to our REAL all-inclusive TBR piles. o_O Hope you're having a nice weekend!

      Delete
  3. Happy 4th to both of you!

    Looks like you have some fantastic reading ahead of you this summer! I don't even know where to begin!
    What I will be reading also: ISLA (of course), Some Boys (was just approved on NG, hope it's good!), Just Like the Movies, Sinner, Amy and Roger's Epic Detour (bought this one whim), and Since You've Been Gone
    Books read and LOVED and hope you do too: I'll Give You the Sun (all the feels) and Mortal Heart (my favorite of the series!).

    Happy summer reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had an amazing 4th, too, Danielle!

      Yes to the fantastic reading! ISLA, ISLA, ISLA!!!! I cannot wait to read the rest of it...that excerpt was already impressively cute. :) Sinner was good...I'll be reviewing it very soon. Amy & Roger is adorable. It was my first Morgan Matson book and I loved it. Really excited for I'll Give You the Sun and Mortal Heart, but it makes me super happy to hear that MH was your favorite in the series!

      Delete
  4. I don't even know where to start with the awesomeness that is these summer TBR piles :D I'm really excited for all of the fantasy that you have coming up for review copies and completely agree about them! I hadn't been sure about The Jewel before, but everyone was so excited that I couldn't resist downloading it from EW, so now I'm going to jump on that bandwagon too *jumps around* :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gotta admit, I'm most excited about the fantasy, too, with the exception of I'll Give You the Sun...that might be one of my most anticipated of the YEAR. Love Jandy Nelson. I'm really not sure about The Jewel either, especially with all the comparisons to The Selection, but it should be fun for a laugh with April even if it is kinda terrible. :P

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...