Wednesday, July 23, 2014





"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selections are...








's Pick:



Title: The Start of Me and You
Author: Emery Lord
Series: n/a
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Publication Date: March 31st, 2015

Add to Goodreads
Following her pitch-perfect debut Open Road Summer, Emery Lord pens another gorgeous story of best friends, new love, & second chances.

It’s been a year since it happened—when Paige Hancock’s first boyfriend died in an accident. After shutting out the world for a year, Paige is finally ready for a second chance at high school . . . and she has a plan. First: Get her old crush, Ryan Chase, to date her—the perfect way to convince everyone she’s back to normal. Next: Join a club—simple, it’s high school after all. But when Ryan’s sweet, nerdy cousin, Max, moves to town and recruits Paige for the Quiz Bowl team (of all things!) her perfect plan is thrown for a serious loop. Will Paige be able to face her fears and finally open herself up to the life she was meant to live?

Brimming with heartfelt relationships and authentic high-school dynamics The Start of Me and You proves that it’s never too late for second chances

Jen and I read Open Road Summer around the same time and we reviewed it HERE. In a nutshell, we both loved it and can't wait for her next one. We plan on reading this one together for sure!





's Pick:



Title: The Secrets We Keep
Author: Trisha Leaver
Series: n/a at this time
Publisher: Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR)
Publication Date: April 28, 2015

Add to Goodreads
Seventeen-year-old Ella Lawton spent her entire life living in the shadows of her identical twin sister's popularity, but she never dreamed of having Maddy’s life; never wanted it. In fact, she’s spent the last three years trying to separate herself from the group at school Maddy has chosen, preferring the quiet, safe confines of her sketchbook and the company of her best friend, Josh, to the constant battle for attention and popularity that has defined her sister’s life.

When a heated argument and a tragic accident leaves her sister dead, Ella wakes up in the hospital surrounded by friends and loved ones who believe she is Maddy. She is overwhelmed by their joy when they realize she will live - a joy Ella is sure she would not see if they knew the truth, that it is Ella who survived, not her lovable, popular sister. After what she has done, she cannot bring herself to cause even more heartache and in that moment she makes the gut wrenching decision to assume her sister’s life. Navigating her sister’s popularity and boyfriend are hard enough, but Ella soon realizes that Maddy’s life is full of secrets that have kept her popularity intact while slowly destroying her from the inside out. Caught in a web of lies and with no escape in sight, Ella is faced with two options - confess her deception and risk the hatred and betrayal of those around her, or give up all of her own dreams and continue down the destructive path her sister's life has mapped out for her.

I remember reading a Caroline B. Cooney novel that had a very similar plot back when I was in middle school, and while I liked that one back then, I think The Secrets We Keep sounds even better...and even creepier. :) Also, someone was talking about Point Horror novels from Scholastic the other day, and I was clueless as to what they were referring to...until I just looked up Twins and discovered that I was already familiar with Point Horror. I just didn't know it. :P Oh, well...c'est la vie.


What are you desperately waiting for on this fine Wednesday? Let us know in the comments or share a link to your own WoW post!



7 comments:

  1. Added Start of Me and You on my tbr, I'm still not sure about Secrets We Keep, though. Hope you guys like it!

    Here's my Wednesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE both covers! The Start of Me and You was on my TBR before, and now The Secrets We Keep is about to join it! Two great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read Open Road Summer yet but The Start of Me and You looks fantastic!
    here's our WOW

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  4. These books both look gorgeous!
    But the Secrets We Keep sounds great, I mean, definitely my king of read! I'm going to add it immediately to my to-read pile.. thanks for sharing!

    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  5. These both sound great! Thanks for introducing me to them both :) Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm super excited for both of these! They sound amazing :) Great picks!

    Here’s my WoW
    Nemo @ Blame it on the Book

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am desperately waiting for "Mr. Miracle" by Debbie Macomber. However, I also added The Start of Me and You to my pile--sounds intriguing. Hope you're having a great day.
    Ruth@My Devotional Thoughts
    http://mydevotionalthoughts.net

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...