Tuesday, July 15, 2014




Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the awesome ladies at The Broke and the Bookish. Apparently, they are overly fond of list-making and love to share their bookish lists with the rest of us book nerds.  =) We're game.







This week's topic is the Top Ten Favorite Movies or TV Shows:



April's Picks:



These are my top 5 shows. All of which I watch with the hubs. The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones are really our top two. We live for these shows. Big Bang Theory is hysterical. Yay nerds, and Survivor, we started watching that while we dated. Breaking Bad is over, but we are watching it on Netflix.. I think we have 2 seasons left to watch.


These are the shows that we don't religiously watch, but we dvr them for when our others shows are on break. House Hunters, I just love looking at all the houses. Tosh, Omg that guy is so funny. Inappropriate but funny as hell. Catfish is like a guilty pleasure. I'm not sure how real it is, but sheesh, the things that people will believe over the internet. Plus, I think Nev is super hot. River Monsters! I could have added a regular show poster but that meme was too funny to resist. And Property Brothers, I know most woman watch it because of the brothers. And they are attractive, I'll admit, but Brian and I just like to watch how they renovate stuff. It's amazing, really.

Jen's Picks:

This one doesn't count toward my list because it's my favorite movie ever and nothing will ever supplant it, but I still feel the need to share and find fellow like-minded The Princess Bride enthusiasts:



If you haven't seen this movie, you don't know what you're missing. I sincerely mean that.

With that, here are my favorite TV shows:

Some oldies but goodies and some new shows that became instant favorites. And one that becomes even more of a favorite with every new incarnation it goes through. ;) Obviously, this is not all the shows I've loved over the years -- and still love -- but it's a pretty good sampling. I honestly don't watch all that much TV these days...the hubby controls the remote control most of the time and I get in my reading time while he's watching Pawn Stars or Counting Cars or whatever History Channel show is on. :P


What kind of stories do you love to see come to life on the silver screen (or the small screen)? Be sure to share a link to your TTT post so we can visit!



18 comments:

  1. I so love your picks! I'm just starting Season 3 of GoT and I'm hooked! Also, I adore The Big Bang Theory, Doctor Who and Once Upon A Time!! These are great TV Shows :)

    Check out my TTT!

    I’m also currently running a Giveaway!

    Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first time I watched The Princess Bride I totally did not get the hype. My friend said it was because I was an adult the first time. IDK. Also, Veronica Mars!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Property Brothers! I love that show. Jonathan reminds me of Flynn Ryder from Rapunzel :)
    I also love watching Tosh.O at night. Other than that, I don't really watch TV...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Property Brothers & House Hunters FTW! Loved the majority of these titles! Great TV taste!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for Mindy! Buffy is an all-time fave of mine too. So many great shows distracting us from books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list, love the Big Bang Theory :D

    My top ten

    ReplyDelete
  7. Someone else with Dawson's Creek! Yay! Also, yay for Veronica Mars and Gilmore Girls! And I can't even count how many times I've seen The Princess Bride. My roommate and I watched it at least once a week during our sophomore year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. New Girl - yayyyy!! I honestly haven't seen a lot of these shows yet, but you've definitely got me intrigued! I've wanted to see Veronica Mars forever... so many people love it. Great lists, ladies!

    Jen, what program do you use for your graphics? They're super cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Game of thrones is amazing. The big bang theory always makes me laugh and I saw all the season from Breaking bad in a short amount of time this year. My boyfriend and me devoured it. The princess bride <3 it's on my list this week. I love seeing Once upon a time there and New girl is pretty funny too!

    Mel@thedailyprophecy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really need to watch Game of Thrones, I've been seeing it everywhere lately! I love watching House Hunters too!
    I love how you set up your favorite television shows in the t.v.'s that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh fabulous choices! You have some of my all time favorite TV shows here (Doctor Who, Veronica Mars, Game of Thrones, Buffy, Gilmore Girls. All these TV posts today are making me want to sit down and binge watch my favorite shows on Netflix. :--)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't watch a lot of TV but Game of Thrones is an obsession. Seriously so good. Haven't read the books but I've spoiled pretty much everything that's coming haha. Still, I can't wait for next season - it goes so fast!

    The Mindy Project looks really cute! I think I'm gonna have to try that one out!

    Great list, ladies. <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the graphics and love the picks even more! So many I have yet to see (Catfish, Breaking Bad, the Mindy Project, anyone??) but I love New Girl (need to watch more, haven't in forever), OUAT, PRINCESS BRIDE!!!!, and a lot of others. Your picks are mostly of ones that I've watched episodes in and really enjoyed, but never stuck with because of too many commitments. The struggle is real.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love House Hunters!! Especially the international one. OH I love Princess Bride! All Time Favorite. I assume your referring to Doctor Who with all its incarnations---and I totally agree. It just keeps getting better and better. Tennant will always be my favorite, but Matt Smith had great stories. Keeping my fingers crossed for Doctor #12!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have Breaking Bad on Netflix and I plan to watch it! I've only heard good things. My husband and I sometimes catch Tosh.O, he is really funny but also sometimes that show is soo gross!

    I love Vampire Diaries not only for Damon (but mostly) but also because it manages to have the best surprises that I don't see coming!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hahahaha. The Princess Bride is literally on my TV as I type this. I adore it. I LOVE Game of Thrones and Tosh.0. I also loved The Wonder Years when I was younger and Dawson's Creek while they were still in high school. I stopped watching when they graduated. Pacey 4ever! Great lists!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tosh! Love it! And Husband and I watch Catfish too. Aside from TWD, GOT, and BB. Great choices! Thanks for stopping by my TTT.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  18. April: Breaking Bad was AWESOME! I was shocked by the emotions. Also, BB is also a wonderful pick!

    If I had to choose TV shows:

    Batman: The Animated Series
    Star Trek: The Next Generation
    House: MD
    Gargoyles
    Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers
    The Office
    Daria
    Friends
    Teen Titans
    Justice League

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...