Wednesday, November 26, 2014





"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selections are...








's Pick:




Title: The Fill-In Boyfriend
Author: Kasie West
Series: n/a
Publisher: HarperTeen
Publication Date: May 5th, 2015

Add to Goodreads
When Gia Montgomery's boyfriend, Bradley, dumps her in the parking lot of her high school prom, she has to think fast. After all, she'd been telling her friends about him for months now. This was supposed to be the night she proved he existed. So when she sees a cute guy waiting to pick up his sister, she enlists his help. The task is simple: be her fill-in boyfriend— two hours, zero commitment, a few white lies. After that, she can win back the real Bradley.

The problem is that days after prom, it's not the real Bradley she's thinking about, but the stand-in. The one whose name she doesn't even know. But tracking him down doesn't mean they're done faking a relationship. Gia owes him a favor and his sister intends to see that he collects: his ex-girlfriend's graduation party — three hours, zero commitment, a few white lies.

Just when Gia begins to wonder if she could turn her fake boyfriend into a real one, Bradley comes waltzing back into her life, exposing her lie, and threatening to destroy her friendships and her new-found relationship.

I know Jen featured this one back in November sometime, but it's Kasie West! And I kind of adore her writing. WOW is hard for me, because Jen is on it.. and she grabs up those titles way before I even see the covers. lol. I figure no one cares if we both want the same books right? It get's double the sharing.

Everything about this one screams I will love it. I can't wait! :)





's Pick:



Title: The Sin Eater's Daughter
Author: Melinda Salisbury
Series: The Sin Eater's Daughter, book #1
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Publication Date: February 24, 2015

Add to Goodreads
Seventeen-year-old Twylla lives in the castle. But although she’s engaged to the prince, Twylla isn’t exactly a member of the court.

She’s the executioner.

As the Goddess embodied, Twylla instantly kills anyone she touches. Each month she’s taken to the prison and forced to lay her hands on those accused of treason. No one will ever love a girl with murder in her veins. Even the prince, whose royal blood supposedly makes him immune to Twylla’s fatal touch, avoids her company.

But then a new guard arrives, a boy whose easy smile belies his deadly swordsmanship. And unlike the others, he’s able to look past Twylla’s executioner robes and see the girl, not the Goddess. Yet Twylla’s been promised to the prince, and knows what happens to people who cross the queen.

However, a treasonous secret is the least of Twylla’s problems. The queen has a plan to destroy her enemies, a plan that requires a stomach-churning, unthinkable sacrifice. Will Twylla do what it takes to protect her kingdom? Or will she abandon her duty in favor of a doomed love?

Oh my gawd! Is that cover not the most beautiful thing you've ever seen? And the book itself sounds just as amazing. I mean, the girl has the power to kill with her touch! Also, I love stories where the girl falls for the guard. I really shouldn't start any new series until I finish some others, but I can't help myself where this novel is concerned. =)


What are you desperately waiting for this Wednesday? Let us know in the comments or share a link to your own WoW post!



14 comments:

  1. April: The Fill-In Boyfriend was featured on my blog too a few weeks ago. I haven't read a Kasie West book, but I heard she's amazing, therefore, definitely need to read her newest book!

    Jen: That book sounds great! I can't wait to see the world-building and this kingdom and everything. I hope the romance goes well in it. I need to add this to my GR TBR.

    --Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol Jen, great minds think alike. Doesn't The Sin Eater's daughter sound amazing?! Plus hello beautiful cover. I admit, The Fill-In Boyfriend is probably not something I'd read but I hope you enjoy it April.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. So can't wait for The Fill-In Boyfriend, On the Fence was my first of hers, and read The Distance Between Us back last week and loved it. :) And how colourful is The Sin Eater's Daughter? :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Fill in Boyfriend looks super cute! great picks :)
    here's our WOW

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really can't wait for The Fill In Boyfriend! I love the cover of The Sin Eater's Daughter and the blurb sounds interesting. I'll definitely be interested in seeing what other people think of it.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. BOTH of these books are on my TBR for next year and while very different, they both made me really excited when I read the premises. Really awesome picks, ladies!!

    My WoW this Week: Firefight

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm eagerly awaiting The Fill-In Boyfriend because I love Kasie West! I mean her books ;) The Sin Eater's Daughter sounds so exciting too! Love your picks :)

    Eileen @ BookCatPin

    ReplyDelete
  8. BOTH OF THESE!! I'm especially excited for the debut novel, and not just because the cover is gorgeous (it really is though). Fantasy! But I'm excited for West's upcoming novel - I'm four for four with her books! I hope you two enjoy the books when you read them!

    Have a fabulous holiday!

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These both look great! I need to get my hands on them!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Sin Eater's Daughter is already on my TBR list and I cannot wait to read it!! It sounds SO darn good. Happy reading.
    Waiting on Weds @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes to both! I have heard great things about The Sin Eater's Daughter and I will read ANYTHING Kasie West. I love her writing and I love her stories. Great picks! My WOW

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...