Wednesday, November 5, 2014





"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selections are...








's Pick:




Title: 99 Days
Author: Katie Cotugno
Series: n/a
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Publication Date: April 21st, 2015

Add to Goodreads
Day 1: Julia Donnelly eggs my house my first night back in Star Lake, and that’s how I know everyone still remembers everything—how I destroyed my relationship with Patrick the night everything happened with his brother, Gabe. How I wrecked their whole family. Now I’m serving out my summer like a jail sentence: Just ninety-nine days till I can leave for college, and be done.

Day 4: A nasty note on my windshield makes it clear Julia isn’t finished. I’m expecting a fight when someone taps me on the shoulder, but it’s just Gabe, home from college and actually happy to see me. “For what it’s worth, Molly Barlow,” he says, “I’m really glad you’re back.”

Day 12: Gabe got me to come to this party, and I’m actually having fun. I think he’s about to kiss me—and that’s when I see Patrick. My Patrick, who’s supposed to be clear across the country. My Patrick, who’s never going to forgive me.


I read How to Love by Katie Cotugno earlier this year and I liked it. This one seems really fun so I'm looking forward to it. I want to know what this chick did to get all this animosity thrown at her. lol. And I actually just got this one off Edelweiss, so maybe I'll start it sooner rather than later. :)

Oh and a shout out for Jen's pick below, I have been so wrapped up in regular life, I didn't even see this cover until now, while scheduling my half. I cannot freaking wait for The Heart of Betrayal either.





's Pick:





Title: The Heart of Betrayal
Author: Mary E. Pearson
Series: The Remnant Chronicles, book #2
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)
Publication Date: July 7, 2015

Add to Goodreads
Intrigue abounds in this hotly anticipated sequel to The Kiss of Deception!

Held captive in the barbarian kingdom of Venda, Lia and Rafe have little chance of escape. Desperate to save her life, Lia's erstwhile assassin, Kaden, has told the Vendan Komizar that she has the gift, and the Komizar's interest in Lia is greater than anyone could have foreseen.

Meanwhile, nothing is straightforward: there's Rafe, who lied to Lia, but has sacrificed his freedom to protect her; Kaden, who meant to assassinate her but has now saved her life; and the Vendans, whom Lia always believed to be barbarians. Now that she lives amongst them, however, she realizes that may be far from the truth. Wrestling with her upbringing, her gift, and her sense of self, Lia must make powerful choices that will affect her country... and her own destiny.

The Kiss of Deception was one of my top reads this year -- maybe even THE top read -- and I've been anxiously anticipating the sequel after that major plot twist and crazy ending in the first book. And then, of course, the cover was just released yesterday, so I had to feature the title as my WoW pick today. I'll be listening to the full cast audiobook very soon because I just can't wait to return to that world and see how the experience has changed since I now know what to expect...I've been wanting to do that since I first put the book down!


What are you desperately waiting for this Wednesday? Let us know in the comments or share a link to your own WoW post!



13 comments:

  1. great picks both of you :) all romance ;)

    you can check my WOW here:
    http://cachereads.com/2014/11/05/waiting-on-wednesday-01/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I don't really like contemporaries, like you, I'm curious what the girl did to deserve all the animosity in 99 Days.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Heart of Betrayal looks so good. I totally love that cover. Great picks.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover of The Heart of Betrayal is fantastic! And 99 Days sounds awesome, I'm super excited for that one too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks this week! I love the cover of The Heart of Betrayal. And 99 Days sounds amazing! I hope you both enjoy your books :)

    My WoW @ So Bookalicious

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard anything about 99 Days before, but it sound so good that I instantly added it to my wishlist :D

    That's my WoW: http://emotional-books.blogspot.de/2014/11/waiting-on-wednesday-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so need to read The Kiss of Deception already, and the covers <3 Can't wait for 99 Days either! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely want to read 99 days now and I still need to read the other series. Thanks for sharing. Here's mine

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both of these covers, so pretty! I got The Kiss of Deception on audio and I'm kind of pissed because Kirby narrates and I despise his voice, it doesn't even show his name as narrator on audible. Oh well, I'm still gonna give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everyone seems to be eagerly awaiting 99 Days!

    I hope you'll both enjoy these books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really want to read 99 Days!! I hope you both enjoy your picks this week.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Kiss of Deception landed on my ever-growing list of things I should be reading. ^^ I really hope the two of you enjoy the sequel as much as the first book!
    But I like the sound of April's pick, too, although I don't read that much contemporary romance.
    Thanks for sharing, you two! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely covers and interesting blurb. :)

    Here's mine:
    NYZE@everythingnyze

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...