Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Our Winter Must-Reads

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 with 10 comments



Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the awesome ladies at The Broke and the Bookish. Apparently, they are overly fond of list-making and love to share their bookish lists with the rest of us book nerds.  =) We're game.







This week's topic is the Top Ten Books On My Winter TBR.


April's Picks:

These five books are me books. Golden Son and The Ruby Circle both come out early 2015 and I will be pouncing on them. They are drop everything kind of books. Well, drop everything as in, other books, not real life responsibilities unfortunately. Jellicoe Road and Outlander, I own the audio for as well as kindle, so I'm really hoping to get to those this winter. And The Winners Curse, it's been recommended to me by everyone and their mother. So I am really looking forward to it. :)



These are the top five arcs I'm looking forward to reading. I've kinda thrown the whole "keeping up with my arcs" motto out the window the end of this year. Mood reading will do that, but these five, they are calling to me, so hopefully I'll get to them soon. :)


Jen's Picks:


I split my top ten into two categories because I'm a mood reader and I need options. =) The first group is contemporary reads. Most of these I've had copies of for weeks now, and I'm not sure how I've managed to keep from reading them yet because they sound so good. And I've really been in the mood for contemporary reads lately, which is so funny to me because up until a couple of years ago -- maybe even last year? -- I hardly read realistic fiction. Go figure...now I love it!


And these are the fantastical tales I'll be reading this winter, for sure. Again, I can't believe that most of these have just been occupying space on my shelf or on my Kindle, that I didn't start reading them the second I got my hands on them.

I don't think I could pick the one that I'm most looking forward to because they are all going to be amazing reads...I just know it!


What books are tops on your Winter TBR? :) Be sure to share a link to your TTT post so we can visit!



10 comments:

  1. I need to read The Winner's Curse too. I've heard so many great things about it. And Outlander sounds really good too but it intimidates me. Each book is quite long and there are already like 8 or 9 released. That's a lot of catching up to do. I'm very curious about I'll Meet You There! It sounds like a book I'd definitely enjoy reading. The same goes for Liars Inc and Crimson Bound. I haven't read Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge, that won't make a difference for Crimson Bound will it?

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to read I'll Meet You There and Thing We Know By Heart!! Seems awesome!!! <3

    I have yet to start the Wiiner's trilogy... :( I really, REALLY want to read Magonia and Crimson Bound! Like, really badly! They sound so promising, hope they live up to their expectations! :)

    ~Fari
    Top Ten Books on my Winter TBR @ My Little Corner For Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Winner's Curse is one I have got to read soon! And then also Cruel Beauty so I can read the sequel if I like it. Great list!
    Check out my Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of these books, but it looks like a great list! Here's my TTT! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely picks!! I'm dying for The Start of Me and You! I hope you both get to enjoy the books.

    Eileen @ BookCatPin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen, the Winner's Crime broke my heart ;( I'm really interested in Illusionarium, Magnonia, and A Wicked Thing. Start of Me and You and Secrets We Keep are on my winter to-read list too! Enjoy :)

    @April The Winner's Curse is so good!! 99 Days sounds fluffy and cute. I can't wait for The Ruby Circle; it's going to be great.

    Lovely picks, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have The Winner's Curse on my TBR list as well! I'll Meet You There sounds great as well. I hope that you both are able to read all of the books on your TBR pile :)

    Check out my TTT here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jellicoe Road and The Winner's Curse are both on my winter TBR, seeing I have them checked out. :) I'm looking forward to them both.

    I need to keep up with my ARCs too, 99 Days and Invincible are both on there. I'd love to read Playlist For The Dead and I'll Meet You There, but I'll have to wait until they're released. *sigh*

    Ah, Jen! You're so lucky to have The Start Of Me! I want to read it so badly, it's one of my top '15 releases. Along with I'll Meet You There. I also need to read Things We Know By Heart.

    After I read The Winner's Curse, I can't wait to read The Winner's Crime last year. Magonia is another book I'm dying to read, especially after reading a review on it. It sounds so gorgeous.

    Great books to both of you. :)

    My TTT

    --Amber

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait for Golden Sun! Why do you taunt me Netgalley?! Outlander and Winners Curse are on my list too.

    Your fantasy reads look so good! Magonia and A Wicked Thing are high on my list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It didn't quite make the winter list but ahhhhh I am SO excited for Golden Son!! It looks SO good! Great picks from both of you :)

    Check out my TTT!

    Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...