Tuesday, November 4, 2014




Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the awesome ladies at The Broke and the Bookish. Apparently, they are overly fond of list-making and love to share their bookish lists with the rest of us book nerds.  =) We're game.







This week's topic is the Top Ten Books I Want To Reread.


April's Picks:

I'm like Jen, I don't have much time for re reading. I only ever re read one book, and that was The Host. I would however like to listen to some books that I've read and loved.


It's been a while since I've read The Host, and I just love that story so much. My daughter has been making me watch the Twilight movies with her, so I've been craving a re read. Thinking I might just get the audio from my library. Vampire Academy, I've been wanting to listen to them ever since I started the spin off Bloodlines series. Hunger Games and Harry Potter, they are a given. I plan on starting one of these selections soon while I'm at the office, since I already know the story, I wont have to pay 100 percent attention to what's going on.


And I figured I'd do five of my favorite Audio books. I'm new to the Audio book world, but these are my favorites so far. The Scorpio Races and The Coldest Girl in Coldtown take the two top spots. I could listen to them over and over and over. :)


Jen's Picks:

Here's the thing...I don't have time to re-read, like, ever. BUT, I do have a tendency to re-listen to my favorite books on audio, especially when they come with superb narrators. Sometimes I re-listen in order to prepare for the next installment, as a refresher. Sometimes, I've read the book, but I want to try it on audio, just to see if the experience is any different. Other times, it's just because I miss being in that world so much. And once in awhile, I just have such a difficult time choosing my next listen that it's easier to fall back on an old favorite. Below are some that I've listened to again and again, for any number of reasons. Or, that I'll be listening to very soon after having loved the book upon first reading it and needing to return to that world immediately. ;0)


I've re-listened to The Scorpio Races probably ten times already. It's one of my very favorite books, no matter which way I choose to experience it. Fangirl is another that I've listened to many times. I loved it the first time I read it, and I wanted to immediately read it again, so I opted for the audio and fell in love with Cath and Levi all over again. I've read and loved each of the books in The Raven Cycle and then promptly purchased the audiobooks so I could hear Will Patton narrate them for me. I wasn't sure about him as narrator when I picked up The Raven Boys that first time, but he really grew on me and even now, I still hear his voice as I'm reading. The Lunar Chronicles has one fabulous narrator, too. I started listening to this series after friends were raving about Cinder and I can't NOT listen now. And I always go back to the beginning and start over when the next book releases. (Which is pretty much the case with any of the series you see here. :P) I was sad to discover that the Penryn and the End of Days series is only going to be three books now, but that doesn't mean I won't listen to the audiobooks for Angelfall and World After a million times before we get that final book.


I love retellings as much as the next girl, and the Splintered series is one of my favorites, even though I was reluctant to start it. I read Cruel Beauty earlier this year, and then it was offered for free from Audiobook SYNC as part of their summer promotion, and I've now listened to it at least twice. And I've loved the story all three times. Same for The Winner's Curse -- except the audio wasn't free! -- and I'll likely be relistening very soon so that I can tackle The Winner's Crime. Most people I know would vote TWC as their favorite fantasy read this year, but I'm leaning more toward The Kiss of Deception because WHOA, I did not see that coming! It's just been released on audio with a full cast from what I understand, so it'll likely be one of my next listens. In trying to refresh my memory for the release of Heir of Fire, I discovered that I really love the narrator they chose for the Throne of Glass series. And I finally got to read listen to the book of novellas and I am so, so in love and why, Sam, why?!?

Honorable mentions because I actually re-listen A LOT:

These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner
The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
the Mara Dyer trilogy by Michelle Hodkin
The 5th Wave series by Rick Yancey
the Guards of the Shadowlands series by Sarah Fine
The Daughter of Smoke and Bone series by Laini Taylor
The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon

You're probably starting to notice that I re-listen to a lot of fantasy and sci-fi...and Maggie Stiefvater novels. =) Pretty much, all of these books have fantastic narrators and I just can't help myself. It's part of the reason I never truly hit a reading slump...because I can always fall back on one of these awesome listens.


Which books could you read over and over again? :D Be sure to share a link to your TTT post so we can visit!



9 comments:

  1. I totally agree that The Scorpio Races and The Coldest Girl are great audiobooks! I wouldn't mind a re-listen of Throne of Glass either. Vampire Academy is a good one - I was tempted to make my whole list Richelle Mead books :) Re-listening is a good pastime - thanks for all the recs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list both of you, I'm so going to re read Cinder, Twilight and just today i finished re reading Harry Potter :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I basically wanted to just put MAGGIE STIEFVATER on my list. x) I'm desperate to reread The Scorpio Races, but just lately I've wanted to reread The Dream Thieves. I really loved it the first time and just....just I need to revisit that and RONAN. ALLLL RONAN. (Little bits of Gansey and Blue and Noah and Adam too, though, of course, although Adam is being stubborn but I still love him kind of.)
    Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again I see a great top ten with a lot of books I still didn't read. Shame on me.
    But I can say that I read the hunger games!! Yaaaay for me =) But it isn't on my top 10. If I got a top 20 it definitly would be on my list.

    Mariska
    My top 10

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree Harry Potter, Splintered, The Hunger Games, and Cinder! I've seen Fangirl on a lot of lists but I haven't read it before. Thanks for the suggestions!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Host is an awesome book. I think it's gotten at least 3 re-reads from me since I've read it when it came out. I also need to read Second Chance Summer, considering how much I loved Since You've Been Gone.

    Great list, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of April's picks would be on my list! I've reread them all several times except for Vampire Academy. Another book I could read over and over again is The Hobbit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, a lot of these are just on my general TBR list. :) Especially Cinder, Fangirl, Second Chance Summer and Since You've Been Gone. The Hunger Games made my own list.

    http://yaindulgences.wordpress.com/2014/11/04/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-i-want-to-reread/

    --Amber

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like that you divided it by audiobooks and regular books. I would absolutely love to re-read Fangirl, Cinder, Since You've Been Gone and Second Chance Summer too! Too many books, too little time. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...