Wednesday, August 13, 2014





"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selections are...








's Pick:



Title: Talon
Author: Julie Kagawa
Series:  Talon  #1
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Publication Date: October 28th, 2014

Add to Goodreads
Long ago, dragons were hunted to near extinction by the Order of St. George, a legendary society of dragon slayers. Hiding in human form and growing their numbers in secret, the dragons of Talon have become strong and cunning, and they're positioned to take over the world with humans none the wiser.

Ember and Dante Hill are the only sister and brother known to dragonkind. Trained to infiltrate society, Ember wants to live the teen experience and enjoy a summer of freedom before taking her destined place in Talon. But destiny is a matter of perspective, and a rogue dragon will soon challenge everything Ember has been taught. As Ember struggles to accept her future, she and her brother are hunted by the Order of St. George.

Soldier Garret Xavier Sebastian has a mission to seek and destroy all dragons, and Talon's newest recruits in particular. But he cannot kill unless he is certain he has found his prey: and nothing is certain about Ember Hill. Faced with Ember's bravery, confidence and all-too-human desires, Garret begins to question everything that the Order has ingrained in him: and what he might be willing to give up to find the truth about dragons.

I've always had a thing for Dragons. When I saw Julie Kagawa was writing about them, I danced a little. There isn't a book that woman has written that I didn't love, so I'm anxious to get my hands on this one! :)






's Pick:



Title: A Darker Shade of Magic
Author: V.E. Schwab
Series: A Darker Shade of Magic, book #1
Publisher: Tor Books
Publication Date: February 24, 2015

Add to Goodreads
From V.E. Schwab, the critically acclaimed author of Vicious, comes a new universe of daring adventure, thrilling power, and parallel Londons, beginning with A Darker Shade of Magic.

Kell is one of the last Travelers—magicians with a rare, coveted ability to travel between parallel universes—as such, he can choose where he lands.

There’s Grey London, dirty and boring, without any magic, ruled by a mad King George. Then there’s Red London, where life and magic are revered, and the Maresh Dynasty presides over a flourishing empire. White London, ruled by whoever has murdered their way to the throne—a place where people fight to control magic, and the magic fights back, draining the city to its very bones. And once upon a time, there was Black London...but no one speaks of that now.

Officially, Kell is the Red Traveler, personal ambassador and adopted Prince of Red London, carrying the monthly correspondences between the royals of each London. Unofficially, Kell is a smuggler, servicing people willing to pay for even the smallest glimpses of a world they’ll never see—a dangerous hobby, and one that has set him up for accidental treason. Fleeing into Grey London, Kell runs afoul of Delilah Bard, a cut-purse with lofty aspirations, who first robs him, then saves him from a dangerous enemy, and then forces him to spirit her to another world for a proper adventure.

But perilous magic is afoot, and treachery lurks at every turn. To save all of the worlds, Kell and Lila will first need to stay alive—and that is proving trickier than they hoped.

Ah! Another book from the awesome Victoria Schwab!!! I read both of the books in The Archived series -- and I'm praying there will be a third! -- and Kristen and I buddy-read Vicious, which turned out to be even more delightfully villainous than I'd been hoping. And I have The Near Witch on my shelf, waiting for me to give it a chance. What I'm trying to say is, I will read anything Schwab writes because each book I've read of hers has far exceeded my expectations, and I have no doubt that A Darker Shade of Magic will be the best yet. I mean, c'mon...you read that synopsis, right? ;0)


What are you desperately waiting for this Wednesday? Let us know in the comments or share a link to your own WoW post!



12 comments:

  1. I'm also really looking forward to both of these books :) I recently finished The Archived and The Unbound and LOVED them! Such a unique world. I'm also praying hard for a third book!!

    Eileen @ BookCatPin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to both of these! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a really a Dragon fan, but I mean, it's Julie Kagawa, so I'll read it, haha. And I haven't read any of V.E. Schwab's yet, I still have to get to her YA series. Happy Wednesday both! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  4. These both look so god! I can't wait to read them!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Victoria Schwab book sounds really good. I might be adding that to my wishlist. Talon is going to be an amazing book.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  6. These both some really great picks. Talon is one that I am especially excited for.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard of both of these, woohoo! Although... I have yet to read books by either of these authors, despite owning one by each other. Talon will be definitely be my first Kagawa read! :D I hope you two enjoy these books when you get/read them :)

    Have a fabulous Wednesday!

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A Darker Shade of Magic sounds brilliant. I'm really looking forward to it. Nice pick :)
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait for Talon. I love Julie Kagawa's books.

    My WoW: http://loveineverypage.weebly.com/new-adult-romance/waiting-on-wednesday-3-boarded-by-love-by-toni-aleo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't decide if I want to read Talon or listen to the audio, but I'm excited for it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just started reading Talon. I'm not very far in yet, but I'm hoping it's as awesome as I think it will be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A Darker Shade is by far my most anticipated book. I would do bad things to get my hands on an early copy. Vicious was amazing. Amazing. Talon looks awesome, too. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...