Sunday, August 10, 2014

Stacking The Shelves # 28

Sunday, August 10, 2014 with 6 comments
Stacking The Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and is a way to share with everyone all the goodies you've received through out the week. 



Just click the covers to be taken to their goodreads pages. 


Purchased

The Indigo SpellUgly Love

This week I grabbed the Audio for The Indigo Spell. I have been blowing through these Bloodline's books. I might just be a little obsessed with them. While reading The Vampire Academy books. I liked Adrian, but I didn't really know him. I'm flat out in love with him now.  *sigh* He cracks me up, some of the shit he says.. I've laughed out loud numerous times. Such a great spin off these books are.

Also, I grabbed Ugly Love so I can buddy read it with Jess. We've been doing that lately with the Colleen Hoover releases, and it's become kind of a tradition. :) 


For Review

Alex As WellMy True Love Gave to Me

(Thank you Macmillan and St. Martin's Press)

Alex as Well looks really interesting. This one stuck out to me, because I just had my 15 year reunion. I couldn't make it, but I saw some pictures and there was a transgender in the fold. I didn't recognize her, because well, she was male back in High School. So this topic interests me a lot.

And My True Love Gave To Me! Ahhhhh! I'm surprised I was approved for this one, and I'm so excited! I love a good holiday story and here I get 12. My only meh about it is that it comes out in October so I'll be reading Christmas stuff when I'd rather be reading about ghost or something creepy.


Library Books


The book thief

My library doesn't have the biggest audio selection, but there are a few titles that interest me. I'm waiting for my Free Library of Philadelphia card so that I can borrow from them. Their Audio selection is pretty good. I'm a little nervous about The Book Thief. It's a well loved book but just about everyone. That's a sure bet that I'll hate it, right? lol. I'm going to give a try, I've managed to stay away from the movie, because I've been wanting to read it first. Just no time to get to my kindle copy though, so audio it is.



In the Garden this week! 


The big tomatoes are starting to turn!


Eggplants are getting big!


So is our winter squash


New batch of beans are coming up!


some harvests! The hubby started some fresh pickles with those little buggers.


Love fresh veggies!


Hope you are all having a great week!! I'm sorry I've been a poor at responses lately. I have a lot of none blog related stuff going on right now that I can't elaborate on at the moment, but hopefully soon all will calm down and I'll have time for more visiting.



6 comments:

  1. The Bloodlines series is really great! I too liked Adrian in VA but didn't quite love him yet, If I were to re-read VA now I don't think I could get enough of him.
    Also The Book Thief is amazing. I though I would hate it since everyone loved it (and I'm weird like that) but it's my favorite book now. I hope you enyoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping to start the VA series sometime in October -- or heck, why not September? I think more than anything, you reading the Bloodlines spin-off is making me want to go for it! It's great to know you're enjoying them! Plus, now I know I should keep an eye out for Adrian. ;) My True Love Gave to Me sounds all sorts of fabulous. If everyone loves this anthology, I'll be adding it to my Christmas wishlist for sure. :)

    Your veggies look so tasty, April! Thanks for sharing and enjoy your week! :)

    Marlene @ The Flyleaf Review

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love seeing gardens. Its always nice to see that all the hard work is paying off. Great stack of the books. Although I hear The Book Thief is a very emotional book. Great stack.

    Grace
    Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got denied for My True Love Gave to Me (boo) but I got Alex as Well, well, as well! Enjoy them all :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. alex as well looks really good. It's new to me.

    Happy Reading!

    My Weekly Wrap Up Post

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep seeing all of your updates on GR for Bloodlines and basically they make me look like this --> :D So glad you're enjoying them! Sydrian is one of my favorite OTPs. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...