Wednesday, August 6, 2014





"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selections are...








's Pick:



Title: I'll Give You the Sun
Author: Jandy Nelson
Series:  n/a
Publisher: Dial Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: September 16th, 2014

Add to Goodreads
A brilliant, luminous story of first love, family, loss, and betrayal for fans of John Green, David Levithan, and Rainbow Rowell

Jude and her brother, Noah, are incredibly close twins. At thirteen, isolated Noah draws constantly and is falling in love with the charismatic boy next door, while daredevil Jude surfs and cliff-dives and wears red-red lipstick and does the talking for both of them. But three years later, Jude and Noah are barely speaking. Something has happened to wreck the twins in different and divisive ways . . . until Jude meets a cocky, broken, beautiful boy, as well as an unpredictable new mentor. The early years are Noah's story to tell. The later years are Jude's. What the twins don't realize is that they each have only half the story, and if they could just find their way back to one another, they’d have a chance to remake their world.

This radiant, fully alive, sometimes very funny novel from the critically acclaimed author of The Sky Is Everywhere will leave you breathless and teary and laughing—often all at once.


So I know this one comes out really soon, but it doesn't make me want/need it any less. I've seen so many bloggers already dive into it and post good things, so I'm anxiously awaiting it. Jandy Nelson's The Sky is Everywhere was my first Audio books. I loved it. I think I'll be sticking with Audio on this one too! :)





's Pick:



Title: The Girl at Midnight
Author: Melissa Grey
Series: The Girl at Midnight, book #1
Publisher: Delacorte Press/Random House
Publication Date: April 28, 2015

Add to Goodreads
For readers of Cassandra Clare's City of Bones and Leigh Bardugo's Shadow and Bone, The Girl at Midnight is the story of a modern girl caught in an ancient war.

Beneath the streets of New York City live the Avicen, an ancient race of people with feathers for hair and magic running through their veins. Age-old enchantments keep them hidden from humans. All but one. Echo is a runaway pickpocket who survives by selling stolen treasures on the black market, and the Avicen are the only family she's ever known.

Echo is clever and daring, and at times she can be brash, but above all else she's fiercely loyal. So when a centuries-old war crests on the borders of her home, she decides it's time to act.

Legend has it that there is a way to end the conflict once and for all:  find the Firebird, a mythical entity believed to possess power the likes of which the world has never seen. It will be no easy task, but if life as a thief has taught Echo anything, it's how to hunt down what she wants . . . and how to take it.

But some jobs aren't as straightforward as they seem. And this one might just set the world on fire.

Not liking the comparisons to previous series -- really wish publishers would stop doing that -- but I love the sound of this book otherwise. An underground civilization. A thief. Magic. All of those aspects guarantee I'll be giving this book a read.


What are you desperately waiting for this Wednesday? Let us know in the comments or share a link to your own WoW post!



4 comments:

  1. I used I'll Give You the Sun for #LGBTApril, haven't read The Sky is Everywhere but can't wait to get my hands on it! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these books have gorgeous covers!! Thanks for sharing :)

    Here's My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first one sounds lovely but OMG THE GIRL AT MIDNIGHT YES YES YES!! I especially cannot wait to read that one!! And it's not just the cover is purple (my favorite color) and gorgeous (oh my, yes indeed). It sounds quite good, definitely something I would read!! I hope you both enjoy these books when you (each) read them!

    Have a fabulous week! :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read I'll Give You the Sun. The Girl at Midnight doesn't sound like something I would normally read. I hope you both enjoy your picks this week.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...