Tuesday, August 26, 2014




Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the awesome ladies at The Broke and the Bookish. Apparently, they are overly fond of list-making and love to share their bookish lists with the rest of us book nerds.  =) We're game.







This week's topic is the Top Ten Books I Really Want To Read But Don't Own Yet.


April's Picks:

Like Jen, I stuck with books that are already published. A few of these I do not own yet because I'm undecided as to whether I want the audio or kindle edition. Plus, I have absolutely no time to get to them at the moment anyway.


1. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta - I've been wanting to read this one for a while now. I have been considering going audio with it.
2. Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas - I've heard this one is really good!
3. Of Metal and Wishes by Sarah Fine - Retelling of The Phantom of the Opera. Yes!! I need this book.
4. Scorched by Mari Mancusi - Dragons!! :)
5. The Moon And More by Sarah Dessen - I've been collecting the Dessen books this year, I do not have this one yet.
6. Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2) by Sarah J. Maas - I loved Throne of Glass, but I just haven't had a chance to continue the series.
7. Simply Irresistible by Jill Shalvis - I've purposely not purchased this first Lucky Harbor book because like other adult contemporary series's, I will probably become addicted and read through them all at once. I don't have time to do that right now, so I'm holding off. When I had my surgery a year and a half ago, I blew through all of the Belle Andre books and it was marvelous. I'll wait until the next time I'm laid up, which hopefully wont be anytime soon. lol
8. Wanderlove by Kristen Hubbard - I've been wanting to read this one forever, but I just haven't gotten around to buying it yet. Which is just as well, because it will sit on my kindle for ages by the time I get to it.
9. Pure by Julianna Baggot - There was so much talk of this book when it came out, and then it dropped off the face of the earth it seemed. Out of sight, out of mind. I really need to get this one though.
10. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater - I can't believe I don't own these yet. I will probably just buy them all when they come out. Though my library does have the audio for book one, so I may listen to it first before I get any of them. Just to see how I like it. No doubt, I'll love it. It's Maggie Stiefvater.

Jen's Picks:

I stuck to already published titles because if I included all the pre-release titles I'm coveting, this list would never end. As it is, I own a ton of books I haven't gotten around to reading yet, so this list ended up being pretty easy to compile. Also, not gonna lie, but with everything that I own already, I'll probably just wait until my library has these available.


1. Illusive by Emily Lloyd-Jones - I've wanted to read this since the first time Wendy Darling ever mentioned it. Please let it be as good as it sounds.
2. Winger by Andrew Smith - I dismissed this book as not my kind of thing when it first released, but I've seen some great reviews for it since and it sound quirky and entirely my kind of thing.
3. Thornhill by Kathleen Peacock - Read Hemlock ages ago and liked it for its similarities to Veronica Mars, but I haven't gotten to the sequel yet. This is tops on my list since the final book releases soon.
4. Six Impossible Things by Fiona Woods - Sounds a little younger than what I normally read but still oh-so-cute...and the second book releases in the States soon, I think, so it's time to get a move on.
5. Raw Blue by Kirsty Eagar - Recommended for Melina Marchetta fans, so of course I must read it. I've never met an Aussie [book] I haven't liked yet.


6. Manor of Secrets by Katherine Longshore - Duh. It's Katherine Longshore and she is the master at YA historical fiction. Loved her Tudor series and I'm sure this one is just as full of lovely words.
7. The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima - This series has been recommended to me time and time again and I really want to read it...I just don't own it yet. Maybe I'll see if it's on audio and go that route.
8. Starling by Fiona Paul - Gah. I can't believe I haven't finished off this last book...these books are gorgeous inside and out, and I need to know: Luca or Falco. (I'm #TeamLuca.)
9. The Elementals by Saundra Mitchell - This is another one where I just need to read the last book in order to finish the series. These are companion novels, though, so it hasn't been a pressing need to finish like with others.
10. Love and Other Foreign Words by Erin McCahan - This one just sounds plain cute. And I love the simplistic cover.


Which books do you really want to read that you just haven't gotten around to purchasing for your library yet? :) Be sure to share a link to your TTT post so we can visit!



12 comments:

  1. April: I absolutely LOVE Dangerous Girls (and the sequel is JUST as good) and The Raven Boys! They've been two of my 5-star reads this year. :)) So I totally recommend them. I'd love to read Scorched too...except I heard some not-so-good things about it and it kind of got pushed off my tbr. *shrugs* We'll see. Maybe I'll get to it eventually, right? ;)

    Jen: Six Impossible Things is really cute and awesome! I haven't read Wildlife yet, but I want to...it's kind of a sequel? Either way Fiona Wood is AMAZING. I'd like to read Illusive too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohh I want Of Metal and Wishes too! It sounds SO awesome, doesn't it? I hope it's as creepy as everyone says!

    Crown of Midnight is AWESOME by the way. And Heir of Fire is even better. And the novellas are sensational. Seriously, this series gets better with each book!

    The Raven Boys is also something you need to buy. Right now. This is my favourite series ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many of these I was able to recognise just on a snippet of a cover...this makes me happy. Demon King, Raw Blue and Raven Boys are all amazing stories too.


    Today's blog post: Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great lists. I can recommend the Lucky Harbor series and Winger. Check out my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent lists! We have Love and Other Foreign Words in common (it does look cute!) and I'm eyeing Manor of Secrets and The Raven Boys. Hope these books get added to your libraries soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your lists! I have Jellicoe Road on my list too. Illusive is one I'm really interested in checking out too :)

    Eileen @ BookCatPin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really liked Raw Blue! It’s a lot darker than I was expecting, but a really good story. Dangerous Girls, Crown of Midnight, and Of Metal and Wishes are three more I need to read. I bought The Raven Boys recently, and I really hope I like it. I haven’t read any of her books yet, but I’ve heard so many awesome things about them all. Great lists!

    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still need to read Throne Of Glass and it made my list this week. Jellicoe road almost did too, these are great picks.

    Check out my TTT!

    Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jellicoe Road, Throne of Glass, and Scorched are all books I own but need to freaking get to!

    ReplyDelete
  10. April, read Wanderlove! Ilove that book! Jen, Ihavent read any on your list but I have heard good things about Love and Other Foreign Words. Damn those long TBR's!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't recommend Jellicoe Road enough - Melina Marchetta is a goddess as far as I'm concerned, and this is her very best. She does relationships so well.
    Wanderlove - ah, an underrated gem for sure! It's a perfect book to read on a lazy afternoon.
    Raw Blue - beautifully written with an amazing MC and love interest. It drags toward the end, but I liked it a lot overall.

    ReplyDelete


  12. https://www.behance.net/gallery/46472895/_
    https://www.behance.net/gallery/46463613/_
    https://www.behance.net/gallery/46463247/_
    https://www.behance.net/gallery/46451097/_
    https://www.behance.net/gallery/46460639/_
    https://www.behance.net/gallery/46462575/_
    https://www.behance.net/gallery/46450923/_
    https://www.behance.net/gallery/46450419/_
    https://www.behance.net/gallery/46430977/-jumperadscom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...