Tuesday, August 5, 2014




Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the awesome ladies at The Broke and the Bookish. Apparently, they are overly fond of list-making and love to share their bookish lists with the rest of us book nerds.  =) We're game.







This week's topic is the Top Ten Books I'd Give To Readers Who Have Never Read "X" (examples: New Adult novels, historical fiction, a certain author, books about a certain topic, etc.), and we chose Faeries:


April's Picks:




The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa
Wicked Lovely series by Melissa Marr
Modern Faerie Tales trilogy by Holly Black
Wings series by Aprillynne Pike
Paranormalcy trilogy by Kiersten White

When I first started reading YA, I was drawn to faerie books. So I've read quite a few. The Iron Fey and the Wicked Lovely books are my favorite. If your'e looking for light and fun fey books, I recommend Wings and Paranormalcy. Admittedly I have yet to finish those series, but I will someday!! It's a matter of time. I know that Paranormalcy isn't all about Fey, but there are a lot of them in it. Now if your looking for something a little darker, the Holly Black ones might be the way to go. Also note worthy, the spin off from the Iron Fey books. Call of the Forgotten, but the Iron fey should def be read first. Just writing up this post is making me crave these creatures again. I need to make time. :) 



Jen's Picks:


Blythewood series by Carol Goodman
Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas
Books of Faerie by Maggie Stiefvater
The Falconer series by Elizabeth May
The Treachery of Beautiful Things by Ruth Frances Long

I don't read a ton of faerie-based stories myself, but of the ones I have read, I've enjoyed most of them. And I've found that most of my favorites are series where faeries aren't the only focus of the story. Aside from these, I'd also recommend Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey series, and for adult readers, you should try Richelle Mead's Dark Swan series.


Do you love faerie stories? Which faerie books would you recommend for a newbie? :) Be sure to share a link to your TTT post so we can visit!



7 comments:

  1. Fun topic! I didn't think I read a lot of faerie books though I have read Throne of Glass, the Books of Faerie, and The Iron Fey. I should give the Dark Swan series another try, and Blythewood also looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if I've ever read a faerie book (does Peter Pan count?!) Thanks for this great list.

    Here's my list of nonfiction you can't resist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not much into Faeries but maybe I will have to check some of these out.
    My TTT
    http://hauntedgravebooks.blogspot.com/2014/08/top-ten-books-for-people-who-have-never.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love faerie books! It's been so long since I've read them. Thanks for this list - I'll have to start getting back into it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love fearie books so much! It's one of my favorite sub-genres! So this post has put a lot of books on my TBR pile. I completely agree with the Iron Fey and the Wicked Lovely series. They are both wonderful and amazing series! I wish more people read them.
    My TTT
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2014/08/top-ten-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did a little dance when I saw Tithe on here. Amazing book, I'm glad you picked it! It was the first one that sprang to mind for Faerie books when I read your chosen topic.

    Check out my TTT!

    Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool topic! I haven't read any of these. I think I might read The Falconer next year when the second book releases (I heard about that evil cliffhanger). Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...