Sunday, August 17, 2014

Stacking The Shelves # 29

Sunday, August 17, 2014 with 9 comments
Stacking The Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and is a way to share with everyone all the goodies you've received through out the week. 



Just click the covers to be taken to their goodreads pages. 


Purchased

The coldest girl in coldtown

This week I grabbed The Coldest Girl in Coldtown in preparation for fall. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, so as soon as the air turns brisk and the leaves start changing, I like to curl up with spooky reads. This one sounds really creepy, so I'm looking forward to it. 


For Review

Damsel Distressedforest of whispers

(Thank you Spencer Hill)

I'm unsure of Damsel Distressed, but it looked cute so I'm going to give it a try. I already have a physical arc of Forest of Whispers, but I saw it pop up on Netgalley last week, and well, I'm lazy. If I have the option to read it on my kindle instead, then I will. :)



Can you believe summer is almost over!!!???

Crazy I tell ya. The past few weeks have been a blur. Summer has been so busy and now that school is coming up, it's even busier. Aubrey is in frozen camp this week. It's in the afternoons at her dance studio. She's been dressing as Elsa, of course.


Also, we finished up our school clothes shopping! Not sure were you all are, but Old Navy had the best selection and prices for us. :)


Officially ready for first grade now! :)


Not much happening in the garden this week. Just ripening tomatoes. We did make some fresh pickles though! Delish.


oh and we got our first Okra bloom. Probably the only! lol. They do best in hot weather and it's been a very cool summer here.


Who would have thought Okra flowers could be so pretty. <3

I hope you all had a great week!!


9 comments:

  1. I've heard The Coldest Girl in Coldtown was really good from a person who is super picky! I hope you like it!

    And this whole year has FLOWN by! It's crazy! I wish I were a little girl right now. I would be all over the Frozen kids stuff! Haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've also heard The Coldest Girl in Coldtown was really good from the same really picky person that Megan mentioned above :) Damsel Distressed sounds awesome!
    I was just talking about how Christmas is only a few months away. Summer went by fast! My girls are all over Frozen still too. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Coldest Girl in Coldtown is one that I can't wait to read. Enjoy your new reads, and good luck to the kiddos this school year :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude. I hit up Old Navy for all of Katie's uniforms, too. Actually just got them all hung up earlier today. Our district decided to allow ALL colored polos, as long as it's solid-colored, so YAY for some color this year! :D I can't believe Katie goes back in a week. I'm sad because it just means she's growing up that much faster.

    So happy to see your garden still thriving. Ours is pretty much done, except for tomatoes and jalapenos. The cantaloupe JUST started putting on fruit, but I think it's kind of late for them? Idk. Thinking about tilling it all up and planting some pumpkins! :D My dad always has good luck with those here.

    Katie has that same Elsa outfit, I think. I like Anna better, but she wanted Elsa and Olaf that day. So she got a stuff Olaf that talks and the costume. I'm just going to put this in the "she's spoiled" column because I don't think she did anything in particular to earn them, I just wanted her to have them, lol.

    Hope you enjoy Coldest Girl...I listened on audio, and it was pretty great. You're actually making me want to relisten. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved The Coldest Girl in Coldtown so I hope you'll end up enjoying it! That cover for Damsel Distressed does look really cute and little Elsa is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to try homemade pickles one day. They look wonderful!

    I have The Coldest Girl in Coldtown on my reading shelf! It looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked Coldesr Girl! And yeah I expect that there will be a 1000 little Elsas ringing my doorbell on Halloween

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been wanting to read The Coldest Girl in Coldtown for awhile. I can't believe Fall and Halloween will be here soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...