Sunday, August 31, 2014

Stacking The Shelves # 31

Sunday, August 31, 2014 with 7 comments
Stacking The Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and is a way to share with everyone all the goodies you've received through out the week. 



Just click the covers to be taken to their goodreads pages. 


Purchased

Silver ShadowsOutlander Jellicoe RoadDark WitchShadow Spell

I grabbed the Silver Shadows audio so that I can start it next. Also, I was going to cancel my audible for a bit. I was paying for the 2 credits a month, and I'm now a member of my library. Their selection isn't too great, but they have a few I've been wanting to listen too. I've been very busy and distracted so I figured I would just start it back up in the new year, but then they offered me a 20 dollar coupon if I stayed with them, but dropped to the lower membership. I couldn't pass that up because I'm a sucker. So used that coupon towards Outlander (because lets face it, it will be the only way I get to it any time soon), and Jellicoe Raod, because Jen said the audio is great.

Also I picked up Dark Witch and Shadow Spell by Nora Roberts. Before I started reading YA, I devoured just about everything this woman wrote. I'm wondering now, if her books will still do it for me. Plus, Halloween is coming and they look a little spooky! Yay witches!


For Review

Wildlife

(Thank you Little, Brown Books)

I requested this one a while back when I saw it come up on Edelwiess. Immediately I was denied. Last week I saw it pop up on Netgalley as read now. That's probably not a good sign, but I picked it up anyway. I think it sounds pretty interesting. I did notice its a book two though, but I think I'll just read it anyway. Out of order... living on the edge.




So this week has been pretty crazy. My little girl started first grade! My oh my does time fly!


Always striking a pose. lol. I can't believe I have a first grader already. She is just amazing in every sense of the word. I'm so proud of that little girl. I must say, its so great sharing these milestones with Jen. It makes us even closer as co bloggers. <3 Being a mom is tough sometimes and having her to vent to is awesome. 


A few weeks back, I mentioned how I have been very busy this summer and very distracted by stuff going on in my personal life. Well, I can finally talk about why! I was looking for a new job and I've found one. I start in 2 weeks, and I'm super excited. My current employer told me that I will be laid off come winter, so these past couple months have been a bit stressful. I don't like change and I certainly can't afford to be laid off. Especially right before Christmas. I'm a "Find a job I like and stay there" kind of girl. so it's sad that after almost 10 years, I'll be moving on. Change can be good though, and I think this will be great for me and for my family. It seems like a great company, and I'll be doing pretty much the same stuff I do now. Plus, I get to buy a bunch of new pretty clothes! I now own my first pencil skirt ever and I'm kind of giddy about it. lol. 

So there it is, I've been holding it back all this time, but I wasn't able to say anything publicly. I apologize for not visiting and commenting as much, and this is why I haven't. Now things should start to settle down. Once the new job jitters disappear! :) 

I hope you all had a great week and are enjoying this last un-official weekend of Summer! 

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job!!!
    About your books - I've heard great things about Jellico Road!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh Jellicoe Road! I got that one a couple weeks ago. My mom loves that Nora Roberts series, I hope you enjoy it!

    Erin @ The Book Nut

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you, April! It'll be a little scary at first -- especially with WHERE you'll be working, haha! -- but I know you'll do great! And I'm glad we have each other, too...we're on the same level with our kiddos and it's awesome to have someone to go through this parenting thing with. :)

    You are going to LOVE Silver Shadows and Jellicoe Road! Well, I hope you love Jellicoe Road. :) And I've got the Outlander audio, too, but I haven't been able to bring myself to start it because it means I'm committing myself to over 30 hours of the same audio. I requested Wildlife because it wasn't there as a READ NOW when I saw it, but I haven't read the first book either. It's on my "want to read, don't own yet" list.

    Hope you enjoy all your new reads! Have a great weekend! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new job! Your daughter is so adorable~I love her outfit. Great haul and I love your blog theme!
    Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been meaning to read Outlander for the longest time (the tv show has got me hooked)! Congrats on the new job, April and to your daughter! I hope that next week treats you right :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're little girl is a cutie! It's crazy seeing kids barely starting school, mine started August 4th. Audible makes it hard to let go huh? I used to have two accounts, 2 credits for one and another credit for my other account. What can I say, I'm a junkie. I canceled one and lowered my other one to one credit when I started getting audiobooks from publishers and my wallet is happy.

    I worked with a company that laid off over 1,000 people in November. I was rehired again a few years later and they relocated last November to the East Coast and was laid off again...in November. Way to try to ruin my Christmas douchebags.

    Anyway, good luck with your new job. I hope you like Silver Shadows!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got Silver Shadows and Outlander as well! Jellicoe Road is pretty good, but it takes a while to get into. Maybe the audio is better. Aw, your daughter is adorable! Good luck on your job hope all goes well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...