Wednesday, August 20, 2014





"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selections are...








's Pick:



Title: Golden Son
Author: Pierce Brown
Series: Red Rising Trilogy # 2 
Publisher: Del Rey (Random House)
Publication Date: January 13th, 2015

Add to Goodreads
With shades of The Hunger Games, Ender’s Game, and Game of Thrones, debut author Pierce Brown’s genre-defying epic Red Rising hit the ground running and wasted no time becoming a sensation. Golden Son continues the stunning saga of Darrow, a rebel forged by tragedy, battling to lead his oppressed people to freedom from the overlords of a brutal elitist future built on lies. Now fully embedded among the Gold ruling class, Darrow continues his work to bring down Society from within. A life-or-death tale of vengeance with an unforgettable hero at its heart, Golden Son guarantees Pierce Brown’s continuing status as one of fiction’s most exciting new voices.

So I read and loved Red Rising last December. It was my favorite book of the year. I cannot freaking wait to read Golden Son. I hope that I will score a galley for this one before January, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. It will be on my kindle the moment it's released though, I can assure you of that! :)






's Pick:



Title: The Prom Goer's Interstellar Excursion
Author: Chris McCoy
Series: n/a
Publisher: Knopf BFYR
Publication Date: April 14, 2015

Add to Goodreads
It's Superbad meets Spaceballs in this hilarious extraterrestrial road trip!

Just a few days before prom, Bennett pulls off something he never imagined possible: his dream girl, Sophie, agrees to be his date. Moments afterward, however, he watches Sophie get abducted by aliens in the middle of the New Mexico desert.

Faced with a dateless prom (and likely kidnapping charges), Bennett does the only thing he can think of: he catches a ride into outer space with a band of extraterrestrial musicians to bring her back.

Can he navigate alien concert venues, an extraterrestrial reality show, and the band's outlandish egos to rescue his date in time for the big dance? Fans of King Dork and Winger won't want to miss this!

How awesome is that cover? And Superbad meets Spaceballs? That sounds like one hysterical combination. I've seen a few with very early copies of this one and their status updates have been hilarious. I think this one will be a perfect read for me, loving sci-fi and humorous reads as I do.


What are you desperately waiting for this Wednesday? Let us know in the comments or share a link to your own WoW post!



7 comments:

  1. I really need to read Red Rising. Been dying to for a long time. The Prom Goer's Interstellar Excursion looks like a funny cute read. Maybe a little cheesy but definitely a good time!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Red Rising yet, even though it's been on my TBR list for ages. The Prom Goers Interstellar Excursion looks fun, I'll definitely check it out when it's released!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both seem pretty good. I still need to start Red Rising. Great picks!

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Prom Goer's Interstellar Excursion sounds really cute! I think I'd really enjoy that one. As for the Golden Son, I really have to read Red Rising, I heard some great things about it!

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Prom Goer's Interstellar Excursion (wow, that's a mouthful) sounds really cute and funny! But I must say, I'm really intrigued by Golden Son. I didn't read Red Rising, but now I really feel like I need to check it out. It sounds great! Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I'm with you on The Golden Son. I read Red Rising until my eyes burned because I couldn't put it down, I loved it that much.

    My WoW: Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read Red Rising, but good to hear you loved it. I think The Prom Goer's looks hilarious. I can't wait to read it. I have an early copy, but it'll be awhile before I pick it up. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...