Friday, December 14, 2012

Covers By Katie
Okay, so I totally stole this idea from Sara at Forever 17 Books, who got the idea from an article on Babble called Judging a Book by Its Cover: A 6-year-old Guesses What Classic Novels Are All About.  I just discovered her lovely segment, and I immediately requested forced my own four-year-old daughter Katie to provide me with some of her own cover art artwork and then asked her what she thought the book was about.



This week, Katie picked another one of my favorite 2012 reads to discuss and recreate:







Katie's interpretation of the book based on the cover:  "I think it's about vampires because vampires have gray lips and the girl has gray lips."








Cover Art by Katie:

Days of Blood & Starlight as envisioned by Katie

Okay, so 1) we already knew my kid had a weird fascination with vampires after this post, so I don't think any further explanation is needed there, and 2) even though she picked this cover and I asked her to rethink that because of possible difficulties, she insisted.  However, the Christmas lights and cartoons are just proving to be too big of a distraction for her these days, and she was admittedly working at less than 100% on the task at hand.  =)  Also, she's four.  And she hasn't quite figured out which hand is dominant yet.  We're actually kind of hoping she's ambidextrous since she still uses both hands equally.  :D

So, what do you think of Katie's rendition?  Did your little darling create a work of art based on a book this week?  If so, be sure to link up with Sara over at Forever 17 Books.

8 comments:

  1. Ha! Well, the red around the eyes would make me think that, too. The "gray lips" made me chuckle. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vampires have gray lips. LOL I love that! She does really good art for only being 4! :)

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job, Katie!!!

    My 4yo daughter also uses both hands. I was at a school event and an occupation therapist said that ambidextrous is a bad thing! I was like, "you have to be kidding." I think it's cool! It means they're adaptable.

    But anyway, Katie did great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter is settling on her left hand...great a leftie... aren't they supposed to be more artistic. I really need to hand Risa a box of crayons, the problem is Mateus distracts her. I am sure she is super excited for Christmas. I have this scheduled for blog break and I cannot wait to read it. I met Laini a couple of weeks ago (she is a local author) and she was just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok that got a giggle out of me. Vampires have gray lips? lol. she is such the artist

    ReplyDelete
  6. It would be so awesome if she was ambidextrous, I wish were since my right hand always gets so tired while writing an essay.

    - Leanne @ Escaping With Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. Superb Article i like Ganga Cassette by the next afternoon I'm chomping at the bit to get back to it.This is very good blogspot theme, where you can find out the best theme and latest designs Very good . Know what you mean. but You know about the Game which is viral soo Ganga Bhakti

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...