Friday, December 28, 2012

Covers By Katie
Okay, so I totally stole this idea from Sara at Forever 17 Books, who got the idea from an article on Babble called Judging a Book by Its Cover: A 6-year-old Guesses What Classic Novels Are All About.  I just discovered her lovely segment, and I immediately requested forced my own four-year-old daughter Katie to provide me with some of her own cover art artwork and then asked her what she thought the book was about.



This week, Katie picked one of my favorite 2012 debuts in fantasy:







Katie's thoughts on Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo:  "Someone's locked out of their house."









Cover Art by Katie

Shadow and Bone as envisioned by Katie

Shadow and Bone was one of the best fantasy novels I read this year, and then I read the companion short story The Witch of Duva recently and fell in love with that dark, surprising world all over again.

Katie actually picked this book off of the shelf and asked to recreate it, which isn't all that surprising considering past covers...she likes them dark and mysterious, I guess.  But I'm still hoping we can pick something less so for next week's post.  Either way, I kind of love her response this week.  =)

So, what do you think of Katie's attempt at recreating this cover and her summary? Did your little darling create a work of art based on a book this week? If so, be sure to link up with Sara over at Forever 17 Books.

5 comments:

  1. I really want to read this book!!! I want to meet Mal and I'm curious about the Darkling. I like her drawing! I also like that she likes it dark and mysterious! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great cover, it's no surprise she likes it. I still need to read this book but really want to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone is locked out of their house! I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...