Wednesday, December 12, 2012



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selection is...



Add to Goodreads
Title: How My Summer Went Up in Flames
Author: Jennifer Salvato Doktorski
Series: stand-alone
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Publication Date: May 7, 2013

Rosie’s always been impulsive. She didn’t intend to set her cheating ex-boyfriend’s car on fire. And she never thought her attempts to make amends could be considered stalking. So when she’s served with a temporary restraining order on the first day of summer vacation, she’s heartbroken—and furious.

To put distance between Rosie and her ex, Rosie’s parents send her on a cross-country road trip with responsible, reliable neighbor Matty and his two friends. Forget freedom of the road, Rosie just wants to hitchhike home and win back her ex. But with every mile marker that passes, Rosie discovers a new sense of self…and that sometimes the best revenge is moving on.


Why I'm waiting:  I lovelovelove road trip books!  Can never read too many, ya know?  Also, that cover is beyond cute and the whole reason for the road trip is totally outrageous.  And I'm sure there will be shenanigans.  Lots of 'em.  However, I must say, I wish my parents had considered a road trip as a form of punishment instead of, say, mucking out my uncle's barn.  Kids these days got it soooo easy.  :P

What are you waiting on this week?  Share it in the comments or leave a link so I can stop by!

15 comments:

  1. I can't wait for this one! Great choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Road Trip!! I agree, Jen, this looks like a great book. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is on my TBR too!I also love road trip books. I have fond memories of the million road trips our family took, which I survived by reading in the car.

    And the setting of the boyfriend's car in fire?? Got to read this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one could certainly elicit some emotions! I like road trips, too. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to read that one too.

    Here's mine - http://bookbloggermom.blogspot.com/2012/12/waiting-on-wednesday-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds pretty good! Plus you can read it for the Standalone Reading Challenge! Awesome pick :)

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also love love love road trip books, Jen! My favorite has to be Take Me There by Carolee Dean. Now that's one genre I can never get enough of =D

    Awesome choice!

    Here's my WoW!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  8. Road trips are so great and bring back memories and boy do I wish my parents dished those out as punishment instead of the typical grounding too. lol This book sounds like a lot of fun. Great pick!

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm super excited for this one too! I was sold by it as soon as I realised it had a road trip in it, although I can't believe that it's her punishment. I wish my parents had punished me like that, haha! Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. YES!! I'm super excited for this book too. I think I even had it up as my WoW recently, or maybe it's my WoW already scheduled for next week, I can't remember... but yes, yes, yes!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Going to the US for a road trip is a big dream of mine and my sister's! I love road trip movies and books and I think I remember this one and thinking that the reason she's sent away is really unusual! (I agree about the means of punishment bit...)
    In reply to your Rachel Vincent question: I've read allll the Soul Screamers books and absolutely love them! I also started Stray at some point but had to abandon it to catch up on review books... I'll have to pick it back up soon.
    Thanks for stopping by earlier :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I featured this book today, too! The description kind of reminds me of Stephanie Plum (only the teen years).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Please Enter Me In Your End of the World Book Giveaway.
    It Would Be Great To Win One Of These Books From Your List.
    In Response To Your Question Of
    What book would you want to save
    from destruction if the end of days was upon us?
    I Would Save My Favorite Book
    Cyndi Lauper:A Memoir by Cyndi Lauper and Jancee Dunn.
    Thank You For Having This Giveaway!!!!!

    Reѵiew my wеb-site Ganga Cassette
    Ganga Bhakti

    ReplyDelete
  14. A pегson necessaгilу lend а hand tο
    maκe ѕегiously posts I might ѕtatе.
    That is thе fігst tіme I frequentеd your wеbsite ρаge anԁ thus far?
    I amazeԁ wіth thе analуsis уou madе to mаκe thіs partіculaг post extrаordinaгy.
    Fаntastіc jοb!

    Review my wеb-site
    Ganga Cassette

    Ganga Bhakti

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...