Monday, December 31, 2012


We all delight in seeing our favorite books brought to life on the big screen.  We cringe at casting.  We scoff at release dates.  All the while, we're gearing up to see if the director's vision lives up to the world we've conceived in our own imaginations.  Sometimes it does...and sometimes it doesn't.  We could lament the movies that don't measure up, or we could return to the books for a re-read, possibly with a slightly different mind-set.  All's fair when it comes to artistic vision, right?




This week, I'd like to feature:

View on IMdB.com
Title: Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters
Director: Tommy Wirkola
Stars: Jeremy Renner, Gemma Arterton, Famke Janssen
Release date: January 25, 2013
Based on: the Hansel and Gretel fairy tale by the Brothers Grimm

In this dark spin on the fairy tale, siblings Hansel and Gretel are a formidable team of bounty hunters who track and kill witches all over the world.











After reading The Witch of Duva recently, which is a Hansel and Gretel retelling by Leigh Bardugo, I thought I'd feature this movie based on the same tale.  I'll be honest, I don't think this movie will be nearly as good as Bardugo's retelling, and it reminds me of something I'd see on the SyFy channel, not in theaters, but I'm willing to give it a chance.  I know my husband will probably enjoy a good action-packed flick after all the angsty, YA book-based movies I've dragged him to recently.  =)



So, what do you think?  Is this your kind of movie or will you be skipping it?

5 comments:

  1. Oh I'll be watching this one. Not because of the story line, but because of one special gorgeous actor *hhm hmm Jeremy Renner*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't decided yet. I think I will see what the reactions are first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the 3D trailer when I went to see Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter. I felt kinda indifferent about the Lincoln movie (I think partly because I'm not American and had to shake my head at some stuff), but I still remember the trailer as awesome! So I think I'll check it out. Gretel was pretty badass ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't even heard of this movie! lol It sounds like something I would watch at home with the hubs some night. I'd be curious to hear what you think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. More than thousands of the website can help you for reaching out for the live games result
    Ganga Cassette and
    Ganga Cassette games results are free on the every website but there is big trouble for the live game and superfast result of Satta King Play Bazaar is trusted websbite.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...