Friday, December 21, 2012

Covers By Katie
Okay, so I totally stole this idea from Sara at Forever 17 Books, who got the idea from an article on Babble called Judging a Book by Its Cover: A 6-year-old Guesses What Classic Novels Are All About.  I just discovered her lovely segment, and I immediately requested forced my own four-year-old daughter Katie to provide me with some of her own cover art artwork and then asked her what she thought the book was about.



This week, Katie picked a holiday-themed novel to discuss and recreate:







"It's about how much I love Christmas!!!" - screamed with much emphasis by the kid who keeps asking me when it's going to be Christmas  =)










Cover Art by Katie:

Let It Snow as envisioned by Katie

I actually haven't read this one yet, but I'm hoping that between wrapping and last minute shopping and baking and all that good stuff, I'll be able to read these three stories from three fabulous authors.  It may not be about how much my Katiebug loves Christmas, but I'm sure there is a Christmas-y good time to be had, regardless.  ;0)

So, what do you think of Katie's attempt at recreating this cover and her summary?  Did your little darling create a work of art based on a book this week?  If so, be sure to link up with Sara over at Forever 17 Books.


12 comments:

  1. I haven't read this book either. Very cute interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG how adorable was her reaction to Christmas and this book! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I guess Katie is ready for Christmas! :) Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how she got the three snowflakes in there! Hope you both have a fantastic Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to read this one. Her reaction is the best. We all should feel this way. To see life through a child's eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I have a copy of this but it has a different cover. I need to go look now. I am trying to squish in some quick holiday reads since I haven't done any... Next year I am going to endeavor to make December more holidayish! Enjoy your holiday Jen, I am sure you and Katie will have tons of fun. My kiddos are getting excited as well. See you in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jen. I think that she made a lovely attempt. I just adore this post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that's super cute! Katie's a smart girl. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute! I really want to read this book too! I just love a holiday read! Hope you guys have a great Christmas! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha love the three snowflakes and the title! =D

    Happy Holidays!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww! That is such a cute drawing. Well done, Katie! And thanks for sharing this, Jen!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's so adorable! I really hope you end up liking this book!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...