Monday, December 3, 2012

Movie Monday #3: Warm Bodies

Monday, December 3, 2012 with 10 comments

We all delight in seeing our favorite books brought to life on the big screen.  We cringe at casting.  We scoff at release dates.  All the while, we're gearing up to see if the director's vision lives up to the world we've conceived in our own imaginations.  Sometimes it does...and sometimes it doesn't.  We could lament the movies that don't measure up, or we could return to the books for a re-read, possibly with a slightly different mind-set.  All's fair when it comes to artistic vision, right?




This week, I'd like to feature:

View on IMDb.com
Title: Warm Bodies
Director: Jonathan Levine
Stars: Nicholas Hoult, Teresa Palmer & Dave Franco
Release date: February 1, 2013
Based on: Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion

After a zombie becomes involved with the girlfriend of one of his victims, their romance sets in motion a sequence of events that might transform the entire lifeless world.











I loved Warm Bodies when I read it last year.  Zombies with a conscience, with the ability to think and rationalize and hope and even dream?  That's fascinating to me.  I loved what the author did with this story and I'm equally as excited for the movie because it appears from the trailer that it's almost exactly as I envisioned while reading...the airport, the airplane R sleeps in, his interactions with Julie.  I can't wait!!!



So, have you read the book?  Are you as excited for the movie as I am?

10 comments:

  1. This book is one that I just didn't mesh with. I'm unsure if I will see the movie or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to be very hit or miss and especially relies on your feelings toward zombies, though I don't think that's the problem for you, lol.

      Delete
  2. "We cringe at casting." <-- Hahahahaha! That is often very true. I liked this book okay but I didn't love it. I think zombies just aren't for me. But I am very curious about the movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently, zombies are a very love 'em or hate 'em paranormal creature. :) Glad you're still willing to give the movie a chance!

      Delete
  3. I like zombies, but I haven't read this one yet. The trailer doesn't make me very excited for the movie, but we will see :) Thanks for sharing!

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's full of dark humor, which I love, if that helps. The zombies are typical zombies until some of them start to regress back to their former human selves. I thought it was a really cool take on it.

      Delete
  4. I haven't read the book, but I saw the preview and I definitely need to see it when it comes out! Now that I know it's a book I'll try and read it first :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I always want to read the book first. I read this one before I even knew the movie rights had been purchased, but it's very quirky and funny and I love zombies any way I can get them. :)

      Delete
  5. I thought Warm Bodies was a really fun read. (I read it recently in anticipation of the movie.) I think that the trailer captures some of the stuff that I loved about the book, particularly the dark humor, and I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed the book, too. It really looks like they're keeping pretty true to the book in the movie, which I'm glad to see because I loved how quirky and dark it was. I'm very excited to see how it translates to the screen.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...