Thursday, December 6, 2012

Covers By Katie
Okay, so I totally stole this idea from Sara at Forever 17 Books, who got the idea from an article on Babble called Judging a Book by Its Cover: A 6-year-old Guesses What Classic Novels Are All About.  I just discovered her lovely segment, and I immediately requested forced my own four-year-old daughter Katie to provide me with some of her own cover art artwork and then asked her what she thought the book was about.



This week, Katie picked one of my favorite 2012 reads to discuss and recreate:







According to Katie:  "I think it's about not going in a gate...that's what I think it's gonna be about."









Cover Art:

Unspoken by Katie

Man, is my kid smart or what?  :P  There is a gate involved, yes, but it's about so much more than that.  If you'd like, you can check out my review, where I gush and try to refrain from fan-girling this book, unsuccessfully.

We're taking suggestions for next week's post, if you're interested.  We tend to, ahem, disagree on which cover she'll do each week.  (I cannot imagine how bad things are gonna get when she's a teenager.  *sigh*)

FYI:  She asked me to trace over the "lellow" letters because she didn't make them dark enough.  In case you thought I helped or something.  =)

14 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea!! You should do Divergent next week! Can't wait to see what you decide to do next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion, Kristin! I'll definitely tell Katie, but ultimately, it's up to her. :)

      Delete
  2. hey, katie, aunt mindy thinks it's about a gate too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She did a great job tackling such a hard cover! Mine is starting to get real picky on which covers he'll do too. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this cover, so I'm glad she chose it, but it was probably the 5th choice she was given. She would pick the hardest one...her obstinacy reminds me of someone I know. :P

      Delete
  4. I love the frankness of kids... and what a great drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it... "I think it's about not going in a gate." Too cute!! I can't wait til my son is oldest enough to do this!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW I've been meaning to ask you... what do you think of your Kindle Paperwhite? I think my husband may be getting me one for Christmas... I just have a hunch. ;) I have an ipad 3 which I love to pieces and read my ebooks on, but sometimes it's extremely heavy to carry to work along with my computer and everything else... so I was just looking for a light-weight alternative for those days. Do you love it?

      Another question... right now when authors send me ebooks in an email, I just click on it in my ipad and it asks me which app I want to open it in, i.e. Kindle, iBooks, etc. How do you get books that are emailed to you on your Kindle? Is it all done through Amazon.com?

      Thanks! :)

      Delete
    2. I can't wait either...Sara's turning this into a real meme, so as soon as your lil guy is ready, join us! :)

      I'll respond by email to your other comment. =)

      Delete
  6. I need to remember to hand Risa a book and a box of crayons and let her do this. I have to disagree with you. I did not like this book. I detested the ending and was overall disappointed in this one. I know I am in the minority on this one but I just did not connect with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do Hush Hush!!!! I'm curious what she will think of Patch falling. Probably will guess it. I haven't read this book so I didn't know there was actually a gate in the book! LOL Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! And I totally think she's spot on, though I haven't read this one yet so what do I know? xD

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...