Wednesday, May 29, 2013



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selection's are...




Add to Goodreads
Title: The Waking Dark
Author: Robin Wasserman
Series: n/a
Publisher: Knopf Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: September 10, 2013

They called it the killing day. Twelve people dead, all in the space of a few hours. Five murderers: neighbors, relatives, friends. All of them so normal. All of them seemingly harmless. All of them now dead by their own hand . . . except one. And that one has no answers to offer the shattered town. She doesn't even know why she killed—or whether she'll do it again.

Something is waking in the sleepy town of Oleander's, Kansas—-something dark and hungry that lives in the flat earth and the open sky, in the vengeful hearts of upstanding citizens. As the town begins its descent into blood and madness, five survivors of the killing day are the only ones who can stop Oleander from destroying itself. Jule, the outsider at war with the world; West, the golden boy at war with himself; Daniel, desperate for a different life; Cass, who's not sure she deserves a life at all; and Ellie, who believes in sacrifice, fate, and in evil. Ellie, who always goes too far. They have nothing in common. They have nothing left to lose. And they have no way out. Which means they have no choice but to stand and fight, to face the darkness in their town—and in themselves.




I've only read The Book of Blood and Shadow by Robin Wasserman, but it wowed me to the point that I now want to read anything and everything by this author.  But especially this book.  TBoBaS was creepy, but I think The Waking Dark will take creepy to a whole new level.  And I can't wait!








Add to Goodreads
Title: This is W.A.R.
Author: Lisa and Laura Roecker
Series: n/a
Publisher: SOHO Teen
Publication Date: July 2, 2013

At Hawthorne Lake Country Club your trust fund can’t buy you happiness, but if it’s big enough, it almost always buys innocence. When Willa Ames-Rowan drowns in Hawthorne Lake everyone who’s anyone knows James Gregory is the one who killed her. But no one will ever say a word. Enter The W.A.R. Four girls, four motives to avenge Willa’s death, and only one rule: Destroy the Gregory brothers at any cost. The girls pool their trust funds and devise a series of elaborate pranks to deliver their own particular brand of vigilante justice. Innocence is lost, battles are won, but it’s the truth about what really happened that night that stands to destroy them all.




Lovelovelove revenge stories!  This is W.A.R. sounds like a really compelling whodunit, plus I love underwater covers.  I can't wait to get to this one!







What are you waiting on this week?  Feel free to share it in the comments or leave a link so we can stop by!

11 comments:

  1. This is W.A.R. is new to me but sounds pretty darn good. The Waking Dark of course is one I cannot wait to get my hands on. It looks so good. Great choices this week!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great great picks! The Walking Dark sounds so eerie and creepy, I have to pick up this one soon! The cover is great too!

    Happy Reading!
    My WoW: http://wwwthebookshelves.blogspot.com/2013/05/waiting-on-wednesday-32-uninvited-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of these, but...*adds to TBR*

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Waking Dark sounds so good. I haven't heard of that one before. This is W.A.R. is on my TBR list, too. I also love revenge stories and am a sucker for underwater covers. Great picks!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool picks this week. Thanks for sharing :)

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/05/waiting-on-wednesday-49.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice picks ! This is W.A.R. definitely looks like something I'd enjoy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo, both of these sound great. I still haven't read any Wasserman books yet (WHY WHY WHY) and I hear such good things! Love both your picks, ladies.

    Wendy @ <a href="http://www.themidnightgarden.net</a>

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is WAR looks like something I might pick up. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. both great choices! are you planning to make it to Austin Teen Book Festival ins September. Robin Wasserman is one of the authors to be. I am really excited.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Waking Dark sounds fantastic! Just my kind of creepy and twisted - this is my first time hearing of it! I've got The Book of Blood and Shadows but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet. The fact that it wowed you so much really makes me want to dig in soon though, Jen ^^ Great pick! (By the way, I really like both Morpheus and Jeb too and my preference wobbles all the time ;) )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...