Wednesday, May 22, 2013



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selection's are...




Add to Goodreads
Title: Champion
Author: Marie Lu
Series: Legend, 3rd & final book in the series
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile
Publication Date: November 5, 2013

He is a Legend.
She is a Prodigy.
Who will be Champion?

June and Day have sacrificed so much for the people of the Republic—and each other—and now their country is on the brink of a new existence. June is back in the good graces of the Republic, working within the government’s elite circles as Princeps Elect while Day has been assigned a high level military position. But neither could have predicted the circumstances that will reunite them once again. Just when a peace treaty is imminent, a plague outbreak causes panic in the Colonies, and war threatens the Republic’s border cities. This new strain of plague is deadlier than ever, and June is the only one who knows the key to her country’s defense. But saving the lives of thousands will mean asking the one she loves to give up everything he has. With heart-pounding action and suspense, Marie Lu’s bestselling trilogy draws to a stunning conclusion.



I love this series. So. Much.  And June and Day's story just gets more and more complicated.  But after that ending in Prodigy, I thought I would die, having to wait to find out what happens.  I think Marie Lu could have a very lucrative career in torture.  And then for the release date to be pushed back!  Gah! What are you doing to me?!?




The Legend series:

Life Before Legend (Legend, #0.5)Legend (Legend, #1)Prodigy (Legend, #2)Champion (Legend, #3)






Add to Goodreads
Title: The Beginning of Everything
Author: Robyn Schneider
Series: n/a
Publisher: Katherine Tegen
Publication Date: August 27, 2013

Golden boy Ezra Faulkner believes everyone has a tragedy waiting for them—a single encounter after which everything that really matters will happen. His particular tragedy waited until he was primed to lose it all: in one spectacular night, a reckless driver shatters Ezra’s knee, his athletic career, and his social life.

No longer a front-runner for Homecoming King, Ezra finds himself at the table of misfits, where he encounters new girl Cassidy Thorpe. Cassidy is unlike anyone Ezra’s ever met, achingly effortless, fiercely intelligent, and determined to bring Ezra along on her endless adventures.

But as Ezra dives into his new studies, new friendships, and new love, he learns that some people, like books, are easy to misread. And now he must consider: if one’s singular tragedy has already hit and everything after it has mattered quite a bit, what happens when more misfortune strikes?

Robyn Schneider’s The Beginning of Everything is a lyrical, witty, and heart-wrenching novel about how difficult it is to play the part that people expect, and how new beginnings can stem from abrupt and tragic endings.



For those of you unawares, this book was previously titled Severed Heads, Broken Hearts.  The original cover is provided below for your viewing pleasure, as well.  I think this new cover and title are more mainstream and likely to garner a larger audience, but either way, that summary has definitely captured my interest.







What are you waiting on this week?  Feel free to share it in the comments or leave a link so we can stop by!

10 comments:

  1. Can't wait for Champion- and read what happens next! I got accepted for The Beginning of Everything on Edelweiss and I can't wait to read it. I like the original title and cover though. Great picks!

    - Ellie at The Selkie Reads Stories

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omgg I can't wait for Champion! Everything comes down to that. I'm also scared about how it'll end :P Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like the the new title better for The Beginning of Everything. Great picks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree, I like the new title and cover of The Beginning of Everything better too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to read Prodigy...so behind on my series. Great picks!

    My WOW pick is Unhinged by A.G. Howard:
    My Friends Are Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! I did the Tne Beginnings of Everything was the new title. It sounds like a great book & would be more likely to get my attention b/c the first title makes me think of zombies. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I NEED Champion. NEEDNEEDNEED! It's killing me to wait because of that ending in Prodigy. Thank goodness we only have a few more months!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still need to read Legend, but I have heard great things. I like the new cover and title much better for the Beginning of Everything. It makes me want to jump on a roller coaster. Great picks!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I finally bought Legend a couple weeks ago but haven't read it yet, so I didn't read the blurb for Champion, but damn do I like that cover! So gorgeous!
    On the other hand, I don't care much for either cover of The Beginning of Everything but the synopsis sounds awesome! The characters seem to be really unique and I like the concept of that one tragic incident.
    Great picks :) Thanks for stopping by yesterday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...