Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


Here are the books we're teasing this week:

Add to Goodreads
Title: The Beautiful and the Cursed
Author: Page Morgan
Series: The Dispossessed, book #1
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: May 14, 2013
Source: ARC received from publisher
Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

After a bizarre accident, Ingrid Waverly is forced to leave London with her mother and younger sister, Gabby, trading a world full of fancy dresses and society events for the unfamiliar city of Paris.

In Paris there are no grand balls or glittering parties, and, disturbingly, the house Ingrid’s twin brother, Grayson, found for them isn’t a house at all. It’s an abandoned abbey, its roof lined with stone gargoyles that could almost be mistaken for living, breathing creatures.

And Grayson has gone missing.

No one seems to know of his whereabouts but Luc, a devastatingly handsome servant at their new home.

Ingrid is sure her twin isn’t dead—she can feel it deep in her soul—but she knows he’s in grave danger. It will be up to her and Gabby to navigate the twisted path to Grayson, a path that will lead Ingrid on a discovery of dark secrets and otherworldly truths. And she’ll learn that once they are uncovered, they can never again be buried.





“Gabby tried desperately to keep her mouth shut.  She pinned Nolan with a savage glare.  Useful.  As if Ingrid were some sort of shiny object that had caught his attention.”
-- p. 166 of ARC

This book started off a little slow, and I wasn't prepared for multiple third person POVs, but I am enjoying it quite a bit now.  The gothic atmosphere, the steadfastly loyal siblings, the gargoyles.  And that gorgeous cover!  It's even prettier in person!



Add to Goodreads
Title: Flat-Out Love
Author: Jessica Park
Series: Flat-Out Love, book #1
Publisher: Brilliance Audio
Publication Date: November 17, 2012
Source: purchased audio
Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Audible

To college freshman Julie Seagle the emotionally scrambled members of the Watkins family of Boston add up to something that ... well ... doesn't quite add up. Only the funny, gorgeous, smart oldest brother Finn is emotionally available--but only online? Not until Julie forces a buried secret to the surface, eliciting a dramatic confrontation that threatens to tear the fragile Watkins family apart, does she get her answer.





“So we've pulled the chute, and we're drifting, riding the sky. It's just you and me. You can hear me now that we're falling like this, remember? I tell you that I don't want this to end. I don't want to land and reach the real world, because I like our world up here better.”

OMG, this book!  It's taking me much longer than I'd like to finish, but I'm savoring every minute of it.  I don't read novellas normally, but should I read Flat-Out Matt?


What are you teasing this week?  Share it in the comments or leave a link so we can visit!

11 comments:

  1. The "Beautiful and the Cursed" has a very interesting cover, and both teasers were good. If I am in the sky with the one I love (in Flat Out Love), I sure don't want to end it, too... :)

    My teaser can be read HERE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Teasers! I just recently bought Flat Out Love. I can't wait to read it! Thanks for sharing! Here's my TT http://winterhavenbooks.blogspot.com/2013/05/teaser-tuesday-28.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read either of these! The Beautiful and the Cursed definitely does have a gorgeous cover and I've heard great things about Flat Out Love. Thanks for sharing! :)My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally adored Flat Out Love. I'm not a big novella girl either, but I will mostly definitely be getting Flat Out Matt. :) I heart Flat Finn.

    The Beautiful and the Cursed sure does have a beautiful cover. I'm glad to hear you're enoying it. I'm looking forward to reading it myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teasers! I must read Flat Out Love soon.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have Beautiful and the Cursed on its way to me, and I'm so excited! Even more excited after reading your teaser.:)

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want The Beautiful and the Cursed so badly! And I actually find multiple POV interesting :) And well... GARGOYLES!!
    I also love the Flat Out Matt teaser a lot though. If I could ever get over my fear of heights, I think parachuting or -gliding would be an amazing experience!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, really good teasers! Especially love The Beautiful and the Cursed!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...