Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


Here are the books we're teasing this week:

Add to Goodreads
Title: The Bitter Kingdom
Author: Rae Carson
Series: Fire and Thorns, book #3
Publisher: Greenwillow Books
Publication Date: August 27, 2013
Source: received from publisher via Edelweiss
Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

The epic and deeply satisfying conclusion to Rae Carson's Fire and Thorns trilogy. The seventeen-year-old sorcerer-queen will travel into the unknown realm of the enemy to win back her true love, save her country, and uncover the final secrets of her destiny.

Elisa is a fugitive in her own country. Her enemies have stolen the man she loves in order to lure her to the gate of darkness. As she and her daring companions take one last quest into unknown enemy territory to save Hector, Elisa will face hardships she's never imagined. And she will discover secrets about herself and her world that could change the course of history. She must rise up as champion-a champion to those who have hated her most. Riveting, surprising, and achingly romantic, Rae Carson has spun a bold and powerful conclusion to her extraordinary trilogy.





Hector roars, flying through the dark at my attacker.  Together, they crash to the ground, and Hector pounds him with fists, over and over again.
-- Loc 1599, 30% of galley

He has not stopped grinning like a little boy about to open his Deliverance Day gifts. He leans closer until our lips are a finger's breadth apart. He brushes a strand of hair from my neck, and I shiver. "If we were alone right now," he says, "I would..."
     "I would let you."
-- Loc 1912, 36% of galley

So, I wasn't supposed to read this yet.  But I couldn't help myself once I read The Shattered Mountain for next week's Short Story Sunday post.  I knew better than to even enter this world because I wouldn't be able to control the urge to read this book next.  Oh, well.  What's done is done, right?  And it's not like I'm not enjoying myself.  Though, I'm still not ready for this series to end.  :0(

Also, I couldn't help myself with the teasers...I needed to showcase both sides of Hector:  Elisa's fierce protector and her even fiercer lover.  *swoons*



Add to Goodreads
Title: Eleanor & Park
Author: Rainbow Rowell
Narrator:  Rebecca Lowman & Sunil Malhotra
Series: n/a
Publisher: Listening Library
Publication Date: February 26, 2013
Source: purchased
Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Audible

"Bono met his wife in high school," Park says.
"So did Jerry Lee Lewis," Eleanor answers.
"I’m not kidding," he says.
"You should be," she says, "we’re sixteen."
"What about Romeo and Juliet?"
"Shallow, confused, then dead."
''I love you," Park says.
"Wherefore art thou," Eleanor answers.
"I’m not kidding," he says.
"You should be."

Set over the course of one school year in 1986, ELEANOR AND PARK is the story of two star-crossed misfits – smart enough to know that first love almost never lasts, but brave and desperate enough to try. When Eleanor meets Park, you’ll remember your own first love – and just how hard it pulled you under.





     "Nothing before you counts," he said. "And I can't even imagine an after."
     She shook her head. "Don't."
     "What?"
     "Don't talk about after."
     "I just meant that... I want to be the last person who ever kisses you, too.... That sounds bad, like a death threat or something. What I'm trying to say is, you're it. This is it for me."

This is cute, but I don't remember being like this in high school...lol.


What are you teasing this week?  Share it in the comments or leave a link so we can visit!

12 comments:

  1. Love all the teasers! The one of Eleanor & Park is so cute! =D

    Here's my teaser!

    ~Stephanie @ Bookfever

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both teasers are amazing. Now I want both books. Please come see my teasers for Dare You To by Katie McGarry and The Spanish Revenge by Allan Topol. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I like the sounds of Hector and wow, that last teaser from the book was really good!

    Eleanor & Park is full of awesome quotes and I adore that one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both book sounds like there's some really cute romances going on(and the first one, a lot of epic action too haha). Elanor & Park is on my potential TBR list, hope you're enjoying it!

    Here's my teaser at Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teasers!! I've wanted to read E&P foreverr(:
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. These sound good. I like the sounds of The Bitter Kingdom too. :) Thank you!

    I have a teaser up this week, if you'd like to stop by.
    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2013/05/teaser-tuesday-164.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your teasers :D! I've been meaning to start the Fire and Thorns series and I really want to get my hands on Eleanor & Park :D! Thanks for sharing.

    Here's Mine:
    http://www.kassiesthoughts30.blogspot.com/2013/05/teaser-tuesday-4-blood-by-prophecy-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great teasers! I really want to read Eleanor and Park. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really liked Eleanor and Park based on the teaser .. looking forward to reading it.

    my teaser tuesday
    https://bookskeepmesane.wordpress.com/2013/05/28/teaser-tuesday-may-28-2013/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, those teasers are great! I have a copy of E&P, I really need to get on it sometime soon. :)

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...