Friday, May 17, 2013

Covers By Katie
Okay, so I totally stole this idea from Sara at Forever 17 Books, who got the idea from an article on Babble called Judging a Book by Its Cover: A 6-year-old Guesses What Classic Novels Are All About.  I just discovered her lovely segment, and I immediately requested forced my own five-year-old daughter Katie to provide me with some of her own cover art artwork and then asked her what she thought the book was about.



This week, Katie gave me her take on the following book:

Add to Goodreads






"A boy is walking in the forest and then he sees a bunch of trees and a little bit of sunlight."












Cover Art

The 5th Wave as envisioned by Katiebug

I love how Katie's summaries always include someone walking.  =)  But I like that her guess is correct on multiple levels.  Hoping to get my review of this phenomenal book up later today.  Katie and I are at home together though, and I know she'll just want to get out and soak up some sunshine herself, meaning I won't get nearly as much done today as I was hoping to.  :P

Have you read this book or do you plan to?  What do you think of Katie's guess at the premise?  

Did your little darling create a work of art based on a book this week? If so, be sure to link up with Sara over at Forever 17 Books.

7 comments:

  1. I love stopping by and seeing what Katie says

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Katie's drawing! I need to try this with my 5yo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet when I have Shawn do this cover he'll say something very similar! I love how she did the little bit of sunlight in the drawing too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely plan on reading this one, I can't wait! Great job, Katie ;)

    Sunny @ Blue Sky Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd really love to read this book but haven't purchased it yet. I'll read it at some point though.

    I like Katie's interpretation it's spookier than the actual one.

    Kristin@Blood,Sweat and Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. What happens when the boy sees the trees and sunlight. I must know! great picture Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. bahahah! I love your daughter. She's too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...