Saturday, May 4, 2013

Covers By Katie
Okay, so I totally stole this idea from Sara at Forever 17 Books, who got the idea from an article on Babble called Judging a Book by Its Cover: A 6-year-old Guesses What Classic Novels Are All About.  I just discovered her lovely segment, and I immediately requested forced my own five-year-old daughter Katie to provide me with some of her own cover art artwork and then asked her what she thought the book was about.



This week, Katie gave me her take on the following book:

Add to Goodreads






"A girl is walking around with a red shoe that was too tight.  It doesn't look comfortable."












Cover Art

Cinder as envisioned by Katiebug

I love Katie's summary as much as I loved this book.  She saw this one in my pile of birthday books and, considering her affinity for playing dress up in heels and princess dresses, it made sense that she'd pick this book for the week's post.

Have you read this book or do you plan to?  What do you think of Katie's guess at the premise?  

Did your little darling create a work of art based on a book this week? If so, be sure to link up with Sara over at Forever 17 Books.

7 comments:

  1. I finally just read this book and really liked it! I am looking forward to more Cinder and Kai. I like her description. The shoe doesn't look comfy! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL It was too tight. I love it. I still need to read this but I was hoping to this month. We'll see if I end up with enough time... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That shoe does look uncomfortable. lol-love it! I really liked this book, so good. I'm sorking on Scarlet right now and I think I like it even more. Such great books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha her summary is spot on! Great idea with this segment. Cinder was a great book to read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i guess if my bones were showing I would thing the shoe wasn't comfortable either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, that shoe doesn't look comfortable at all, I have to agree. Looks like Katie shares my apprehension of high heels. :-) Great picture, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol! I love her take on this cover! I bought this forever ago for my kindle. I really should read it. #slacker

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...