Wednesday, May 1, 2013



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selection is...




Add to Goodreads
Title: Untold
Author: Sarah Rees Brennan
Series: The Lynburn Legacy, book #2
Publisher: Random House Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: September 24, 2013

Free from bonds, but not each other.

It’s time to choose sides… On the surface, Sorry-in-the-Vale is a sleepy English town. But Kami Glass knows the truth. Sorry-in-the-Vale is full of magic. In the old days, the Lynburn family ruled with fear, terrifying the people into submission in order to kill for blood and power. Now the Lynburns are back, and Rob Lynburn is gathering sorcerers so that the town can return to the old ways.

But Rob and his followers aren’t the only sorcerers in town. A decision must be made: pay the blood sacrifice, or fight. For Kami, this means more than just choosing between good and evil. With her link to Jared Lynburn severed, she’s now free to love anyone she chooses. But who should that be?’


Why Jen's waiting:  I think Unspoken was probably my favorite book last year.  There were lots I loved, but that one, it was made of pure awesome.  And after that ending, GAAAHH!  I need this sequel now.

But, can I have it with a cover to match the first book?  Pretty please?  This one's okay, but I really liked how different and unique the cover for Unspoken was and was hoping for more of the same with the rest of the series, especially since the "covers" for the prequel stories even match.  :(

The Spring Before I Met You (The Lynburn Legacy, #0.25)The Summer Before I Met You (The Lynburn Legacy, #0.5)Unspoken (The Lynburn Legacy, #1)




Add to Goodreads
Title: Fangirl
Author: Rainbow Rowell
Series: n/a
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Publication Date: September 10, 2013

A coming-of-age tale of fan fiction, family and first love.

Cath is a Simon Snow fan.

Okay, the whole world is a Simon Snow fan . . .

But for Cath, being a fan is her life — and she’s really good at it. She and her twin sister, Wren, ensconced themselves in the Simon Snow series when they were just kids; it’s what got them through their mother leaving.

Reading. Rereading. Hanging out in Simon Snow forums, writing Simon Snow fan fiction, dressing up like the characters for every movie premiere.

Cath’s sister has mostly grown away from fandom, but Cath can’t let go. She doesn’t want to.

Now that they’re going to college, Wren has told Cath she doesn’t want to be roommates. Cath is on her own, completely outside of her comfort zone. She’s got a surly roommate with a charming, always-around boyfriend, a fiction-writing professor who thinks fan fiction is the end of the civilized world, a handsome classmate who only wants to talk about words . . . And she can’t stop worrying about her dad, who’s loving and fragile and has never really been alone.

For Cath, the question is: Can she do this? Can she make it without Wren holding her hand? Is she ready to start living her own life? Writing her own stories?

Or will she just go on living inside somebody else’s fiction?


Why Mendy's waiting:  Yay, a sister story!  Sort of.  :)  This sounds fun, and Jen liked Eleanor & Park, so I think I'd like to give this author a try myself.


What are you waiting on this week?  Feel free to share it in the comments or leave a link so we can stop by!

18 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Sorry I messed up the first comment! I was just saying how I hadn't heard of either of these but I want to check them out, as well as Untold's predecessor, Unspoken. My WoW is here: http://imlostinbooks.blogspot.com/2013/05/waiting-on-wednesday-and-mountains.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for Untold! I really, really, really loved Unspoken. It was amazing! That's the UK cover of Untold, right? I think there's still a US version coming, I really hope so! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really think it IS the UK cover, even though GR has this one showing for the US, too. Hopefully, they'll release a US cover soon. :)

      Delete
  4. I haven't read my copy of Unspoken yet but it looks like I have to soon!

    - Ellie at The Selkie Reads Stories

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep meaning to read Unspoken and now her next book sounds great too!

    Fangirl sounds AMAZING. I was already sucked in just by reading the synopsis! I actually really like the cover too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to Fangirl, it sounds just so good. And I haven't started on the Lynburns yet, but I will. I've heard great things, and it captured my interest instantly. Thanks for sharing, you two! Happy reading. My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fan girl sounds cute! I haven't read read Unspoken yet, but it looks like a good series. Also - I hate when they change the book covers mid stream! I have book OCD and it makes me buy a duplicate copy of the same book, with a new cover!
    New follower :)
    <3!
    Beth | The Reading Vixens
    Vixen's WoW
    Enter our Spring Fling giveaway here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still hoping this is only the UK edition... :)

      Delete
  8. GREAT pick, Mendy! Just featured this one myself a couple weeks ago. I just received a copy last week, and I know there's no way I will be able to wait until September to read it. That's a totally unrealistic expectation. I'll be jumping into this puppy pretty soon, if I have any say over it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just got approved for Fangirl on NG -- so I'm super-excited.
    I actually like the new cover for Untold. The old one looked a little MG to me…

    You can find me here: Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  10. I share your thoughts exactly Jen! The ending of Unspoken was soooo mean! And I really do wish the cover matched the first one :( The new ones look like typical YA paranormal, which I think doesn't really fit the actual story that well.
    I've never heard of Fangirl before but it sounds interesting! I like that the whole fan-cutlure issue is paired up with going to college and learning to be independent.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. I requested Fangirl on Netgalley and have my fingers crossed! LOVED Eleanor and Park. I have not read Unspoken but if it is one of your favorites I think I need to check it out! HUGE bummer on the cover change. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful picks! I am really excited about Untold as well, I loved the first book. I haven't heard of Fangirl before now but it sounds great.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haven't read Unspoken yet but I heard it had quite an ending. Fangirl looks really cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...