Wednesday, May 13, 2015





"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selections are...








's Pick:




Title: The Witch Hunter
Author: Virginia Boecker
Series: The Witch Hunter #1
Publisher: Little Brown Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: June 2nd, 2015

Add to Goodreads
The magic and suspense of Graceling meet the political intrigue and unrest of Game of Thrones in this riveting fantasy debut.

Elizabeth Grey is one of the king's best witch hunters, devoted to rooting out witchcraft and doling out justice. When she's accused of being a witch herself, Elizabeth is arrested and sentenced to die at the stake. Salvation comes from a man she thought was her enemy. Nicholas Perevil, the most powerful wizard in the kingdom, offers her a deal: he will save her from execution if she can track down the person who laid a deadly curse on him.

As she's thrust into the world of witches, ghosts, pirates, and all-too-handsome healers, Elizabeth is forced to redefine her ideas of right and wrong, of friends and enemies, and of love and hate.

This one wasn't really on my radar, but then I saw it on NetGalley and read the description. It sounds pretty good. I've always enjoyed witchy books! :)





's Pick:



Title: The Winner's Kiss
Author: Marie Rutkoski
Series: The Winner's Trilogy, book #3
Publisher: Farrar Straus & Giroux
Publication Date: March 1, 2016

Add to Goodreads
War has begun. Arin is in the thick of it, with the East as his ally and the empire as his enemy. He’s finally managed to dismiss the memory of Kestrel, even if he can’t quite forget her. Kestrel turned into someone he could no longer recognize: someone who cared more for the empire than for the lives of innocent people—and certainly more than she cared for him. At least, that’s what he thinks.

But far north lies a work camp where Kestrel is a prisoner. Can she manage to escape before she loses herself? As the war intensifies, both Kestrel and Arin discover unexpected roles in battle, terrible secrets, and a fragile hope. The world is changing. The East is pitted against the West, and Kestrel and Arin are caught between. In a game like this, can anybody really win?

I don't know if I'll be able to handle this final book, but I need it in my hands NOW. I mean, that summary doesn't leave much hope that Arin and Kestrel will be together much in this book, but what's new, right? Aaagh...I have faith in Marie Rutkoski, but I also know what she's already done to her readers' hearts, and it ain't pretty. o_O


What are you desperately waiting for this Wednesday? Let us know in the comments or share a link to your own WoW post!



13 comments:

  1. yay for witch hunter. Still Still Still have started read Winners trilogy. I know I know I need to read them. Love the new cover. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need this in my hands ASAP! I really hope Marie Rutkoski does not cause us too much pain in this final book! I want a happy ending for Kestrel and Arin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the witch hunter is a boo I requested on netgalley canot wait to read it!
    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I NEED The Winner's Kiss! I'm currently reading The Winner's Crime and it's an emotional rollercoaster!

    Lizzie @ lizziethesarcasticblonde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for both of these books!! They sound amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm definitely looking forward to The Witch Hunter. Wow, The Winner's Kiss has a cover already! It's a long ways away! Great picks!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to both of these book. I also have The Winner's Kiss up as my WOW. So I must say great choice. Thanks for sharing.

    My WOW
    Carolyn @GeekGirlOnThePage

    ReplyDelete
  8. Witch Hunter sounds SO good! These are great. Happy reading.
    Waiting on Weds @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you'll enjoy these, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got a copy of The Witch Hunter from NetGalley, I just finished it. It was a really good book. It's marked as the first in a series, and if that is the case I am SO excited for the sequel already. I have a (hopefully) non-spoilery review up on my blog.

    I have yet to read the Winner's series, but I want to. It sounds like a series that I'd really enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've seen The Witch Hunter around, looks good. And who isn't excited for the third book in the Winner's Trilogy! Love that series! I hope you enjoy it! My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those two are all over the place lately. The Witch Hunter sounds like a good start into a new witch series, and I hope it lives up to reader's expectations.
    Same goes for The Winner's Kiss, of course, although I haven't read the first two books, I only heard good things. And I'm definitvely going to pick this up if it has a heart-breaking ending. Every once in a while, I like something that's not all unicorns and rainbows.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've got to hurry up and read The Winner's Curse! Aaah! Can't believe another series I'm so far behind in. Great pick!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...