Wednesday, May 6, 2015





"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selections are...








's Pick:




24397040 Title: A Whole New World
Author: Liz Braswell
Series: Twisted Tales #1
Publisher: Disney Press
Publication Date: September 1st, 2015

Add to Goodreads
Welcome to a new YA series that reimagines classic Disney stories in surprising new ways. Each book asks the question: What if one key moment from a familiar Disney film was changed? This dark and daring version of Aladdin twists the original story with the question: What if Jafar was the first one to summon the Genie?

When Jafar steals the Genie’s lamp, he uses his first two wishes to become sultan and the most powerful sorcerer in the world. Agrabah lives in fear, waiting for his third and final wish.To stop the power-mad ruler, Aladdin and the deposed Princess Jasmine must unite the people of Agrabah in rebellion. But soon their fight for freedom threatens to tear the kingdom apart in a costly civil war.

What happens next? A street rat becomes a leader. A princess becomes a revolutionary. And readers will never look at the story of Aladdin in the same way again.

I'm a big fan of retellings, so I'm super excited to read this one. I actually just got approved for it on Netgalley, I hadn't heard of it before I saw it on there. So yay for that! :)





's Pick:



Title: Passenger
Author: Alexandra Bracken
Series: untitled series, book #1
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Publication Date: January 5, 2016

Add to Goodreads
Violin prodigy Etta Spencer had big plans for her future, but a tragedy has put her once-bright career at risk. Closely tied to her musical skill, however, is a mysterious power she doesn't even know she has. When her two talents collide during a stressful performance, Etta is drawn back hundreds of years through time.

Etta wakes, confused and terrified, in 1776, in the midst a fierce sea battle. Nicholas Carter, the handsome young prize master of a privateering ship, has been hired to retrieve Etta and deliver her unharmed to the Ironwoods, a powerful family in the Colonies--the very same one that orchestrated her jump back, and one Nicholas himself has ties to. But discovering she can time travel is nothing compared to the shock of discovering the true reason the Ironwoods have ensnared her in their web.

Another traveler has stolen an object of untold value from them, and, if Etta can find it, they will return her to her own time. Out of options, Etta and Nicholas embark on a perilous journey across centuries and continents, piecing together clues left behind by the mysterious traveler. But as they draw closer to each other and the end of their search, the true nature of the object, and the dangerous game the Ironwoods are playing, comes to light -- threatening to separate her not only from Nicholas, but her path home... forever.

I absolutely adored Alexandra Bracken's The Darkest Minds trilogy from start to finish, and I have a feeling I'm going to love this new series even more. Especially with the promise of time travel. And gawd, isn't that cover unbelievably gorgeous?!? January...why you so far away?


What are you desperately waiting for this Wednesday? Let us know in the comments or share a link to your own WoW post!



9 comments:

  1. Both of these sound AMAZING! I have A Whole New World and I NEED Passenger. Great picks!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Passenger looks interesting! I have read a few reviews of A Whole New World, but they're not all that positive. I hope you'll enjoy it, nonetheless, April.

    Enjoy, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both great picks! I love retelling and A Whole New World sounds like a really interesting one. And UGH, Passenger! I loved The Darkest Minds trilogy so anything by Alex is a must-read but time travel, pirates, and a historical mystery. I NEED IT!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both books sounds amazing! I can't wait to read A Whole New World! I love retellings, so I have really high expectations for it. Passenger is new to me but sounds AMAZING! And the cover is really pretty, too :D Hope you love both books, and thanks for sharing!
    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both these books sound great, and they have amazing covers! Awesome choices.


    Waiting on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both sound really good! I can't wait for them!

    Lizzie @ lizziethesarcasticblonde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I chose A Whole New World too! I haven't read The Darkest Minds though but Passenger sounds great! :-) Hope you're having a great day! Here's my WoW if you would like to check it out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these book sound very intriguing. I have a three year old son and he loves his Disney movies so yes I have seen Aladdin. (Not by choice, but a father must do what he must) However, A Whole New World seem like it could be enjoyable, because not everything ends with "Happy Ever After". Thanks for sharing April. As for Passenger, wow what a cover and written by the author of The Darkest Minds Trilogy, Alex Bracken. Totally have to check this one out. Thanks for the heads up Jen. Both are great WOW choices.

    My WOW
    Geek Boy @GeekBoyOnThePage

    ReplyDelete
  9. These both sound so good! I LOVE the cover for Passenger! Adding them both to my TBR

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...