Wednesday, May 27, 2015





"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selections are...








's Pick:




Title: This Is Where It Ends
Author: Marieke Nijkamp
Series: n/a
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Publication Date: January 5th, 2016

Add to Goodreads
10:00 a.m. The principal of Opportunity, Alabama's high school finishes her speech, welcoming the entire student body to a new semester and encouraging them to excel and achieve.

10:02 a.m. The students get up to leave the auditorium for their next class.

10:03 The auditorium doors won't open.

10:05 Someone starts shooting.

Told over the span of 54 harrowing minutes from four different perspectives, terror reigns as one student's calculated revenge turns into the ultimate game of survival.
This book looks fascinating and terrifying all in one. And that cover.. the chalk exploding like that.. perfect. I need this book badly.






's Pick:



Title: Ten Thousand Skies Above You
Author: Claudia Gray
Series: Firebird, book #2
Publisher: HarperTeen
Publication Date: November 3, 2015

Add to Goodreads
Ever since she used the Firebird, her parents' invention, to cross into alternate dimensions, Marguerite has caught the attention of enemies who will do anything to force her into helping them dominate the multiverse—even hurting the people she loves. She resists until her boyfriend, Paul, is attacked and his consciousness scattered across multiple dimensions.

Marguerite has no choice but to search for each splinter of Paul’s soul. The hunt sends her racing through a war-torn San Francisco, the criminal underworld of New York City, and a glittering Paris where another Marguerite hides a shocking secret. Each world brings Marguerite one step closer to rescuing Paul. But with each trial she faces, she begins to question the destiny she thought they shared.

The second book in the Firebird trilogy, Ten Thousand Skies Above You features Claudia Gray’s lush, romantic language and smart, exciting action, and will have readers clamoring for the next book.

Though I love time travel/multiverse novels immensely, I didn't expect to like the first book in this series very much. It was a happy surprise when I did, and now I can't wait to get to the sequel. I will need a refresher before then, though, because I don't remember how things left off...I thought there was some kind of love triangle thingy that was left unresolved, not Paul the boyfriend, though that might happen in this book? Hrrrmmm.


What are you desperately waiting for this Wednesday? Let us know in the comments or share a link to your own WoW post!



11 comments:

  1. This Is Where It Ends is my pick this week too, it sounds like an incredible read and the cover is amazing! Great picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Choices!!!! I've only heard of Thousand Skies Above but haven't found the time to read the first one. I really need to before this one comes out. Thanks so much for sharing and reminding me. Have a great week and happy reading. My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on the fence about This is Where It Ends. I'm kind of uncomfortable with books about school shootings. I still need to read the first Claudia Gray book. I'll get there. I hope you enjoy these!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! Both of these picks are great and I love love love the cover of each of them!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have yet to start the Firebird series. I hope to start it soon!

    Lizzie @ lizziethesarcasticblonde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is Where it Ends sounds like a nightmare. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. AHHH I'm so excited for This Is Where It Ends too! I'm hoping to get approved to review it through Netgalley.

    Joana @ The Boundless Book List

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's very easy to find out any topic on net as compared to textbooks, as I found this article at this website. weddingsintuscany.org |

    ReplyDelete
  9. This topic is the one that I have been looking into from last 3 days and your insight is extremely useful. Thanks for sharing this information. Automotive Kaufman |

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have done a great job. I will definitely dig it and personally recommend to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this site. Home Expo |

    ReplyDelete
  11. Posts with a lot of deep knowledge and well-orchestrated. I have visited your website. It is very interesting and impressive. Thanks for sharing with us such a great article. I want to come again. Please update. instastalker

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...