Wednesday, November 21, 2012



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selection is...




Add to Goodreads
Title:  Requiem
Author:  Lauren Oliver
Series:  Delirium, book #3
Publisher:  HarperTeen
Publication Date:  March 5, 2013

Now an active member of the resistance, Lena has been transformed. The nascent rebellion that was under way in Pandemonium has ignited into an all-out revolution in Requiem, and Lena is at the center of the fight.

After rescuing Julian from a death sentence, Lena and her friends fled to the Wilds. But the Wilds are no longer a safe haven—pockets of rebellion have opened throughout the country, and the government cannot deny the existence of Invalids. Regulators now infiltrate the borderlands to stamp out the rebels, and as Lena navigates the increasingly dangerous terrain, her best friend, Hana, lives a safe, loveless life in Portland as the fiancĂ©e of the young mayor. Requiem is told from both Lena’s and Hana’s points of view. The two girls live side by side in a world that divides them until, at last, their stories converge.


Why I'm waiting:  Where do I start?!?  Pandemonium's ending left me utterly speechless.  I mean, sure I kind of saw it coming, but I was hoping things wouldn't go down that way.  I can't say anything else without risking spoiling it for those who haven't read up to this book, which includes Hana -- which you should also definitely read -- but just know, this series is kind of explosive.  Literally and figuratively.  I cannot wait to see where Lauren Oliver takes things in the finale!

So, what are you waiting on this week?  Share in the comments or leave a link so I can stop by!

18 comments:

  1. How have I not used this for my WoW yet?? Pandemonium was incredible and I can't wait to find out what happens next! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick!! I love this series and can't wait for Requiem to come out next year.

    Check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i just started reading pandemonium on january 14th, 2013 and finished reading it in two days. i cant believe it happened that way and i was so hopping that nothing would happen with lena and some other guy...i still have a feeling that alex is alive...i cant wait to see how lauren oliver has conjured up in requium which comes out marcch 5th 2013.

      Delete
  3. I have yet to catch up on this series but I hear so many good things! Plus the covers are gorgeous :). Great choice!

    Jessica @ Hopelessly Devoted Bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, I still have Delirium sitting on my shelf... unread. I really need to work less and read more. Work totally gets in the way of my reading time... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this series! I was lucky enough to have a friend who won a copy, so I've read Requiem already. I am dying to hear what everyone else will think. :)

    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would your friend be willing to share with others?

      Delete
  6. I still have to read Pandemonium, but I loved Delirium. I'm so excited for this one, great pick! :)
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I literally only just read Pandemonium a few days ago! Honestly, I didn't like it as much as Delirium, and although the end was intense, I saw it coming too. But I'm still really looking forward to reading Requiem!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I ADMIT IT I need to read Pandemonium. But I liked Delirium so I'm sure it'll be awesome! Can't wait for this either! Nice pick Jen!
    Stop by MY WOW?
    XOXO, Inky@ Book Haven Extraordinaire

    ReplyDelete
  9. See, I heard about the cliffie in Pandemonium so I've been putting off reading it until closer to Requiem's release! heee.

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
  10. Havent even started this series, but I should!! Everyone is in love with it! So great pick dear!
    - Farah @ MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wy haven't I read this series yet? Well at least I can avoid the cliffhangers when I get there, Great pick, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still need to read the 2nd but super excited to do so.
    Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Need to start this series. These books sound awesome. Thanks for sharing :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh heck yes, I am dying for this one! Most of the time ARC envy does not happen with me, but I am definitely a bit jealous of those with Requiem ARCs.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pick! I've heard this series is brutal, so I'm waiting to start until this one releases! Thanks for sharing and Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...