Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week's teaser comes from the following book:

Add to Goodreads
Title: Falling Kingdoms
Author: Morgan Rhodes
Series: Falling Kingdoms, book 1
Publisher: Razorbill
Publication Date: December 11, 2012
Source: ARC, thanks to the ladies at Good Choice Reading
Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

In a land where magic has been forgotten but peace has reigned for centuries, a deadly unrest is simmering. Three kingdoms grapple for power—brutally transforming their subjects’ lives in the process. Amidst betrayals, bargains, and battles, four young people find their fates forever intertwined:

Cleo: A princess raised in luxury must embark on a rough and treacherous journey into enemy territory in search of a magic long thought extinct.

Jonas: Enraged at injustice, a rebel lashes out against the forces of oppression that have kept his country impoverished—and finds himself the leader of a people’s revolution centuries in the making.

Lucia: A girl adopted at birth into a royal family discovers the truth about her past—and the supernatural legacy she is destined to wield.

Magnus: Bred for aggression and trained to conquer, a firstborn son begins to realize that the heart can be more lethal than the sword...

The only outcome that’s certain is that kingdoms will fall. Who will emerge triumphant when all they know has collapsed?


My teaser:

Emilia's gaze grew harsh.  "Sharp tongue, Cleo.  You should watch where you point it or you might hurt someone." -- p. 80 of ARC

Indeed!  =D  This book promises to be full of surprises.  I'm a little worried that there are what looks to be like four separate points-of-view, but I've got high hopes for this fantasy novel.

What are you teasing us with this week?  Share in the comments or leave me a link so I can stop by!

11 comments:

  1. I'm currently reading The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa. Here's my teaser!

    http://robynleanne.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/teaser-tuesdays-november-20th.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo.. I've been interested in this book for a while. Sounds like such a great read! Here's ours: http://refractedlightreviews.com/?p=11615

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice teaser! This book looks like it wad made for you. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oohh! This one sounds so good! I really should get to this book!
    Here's my teaser: http://wwwthebookshelves.blogspot.com/2012/11/teaser-tuesday-6-belles-by-jen-calonita.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  5. This doesn't look like my kind of read, but I love the teaser. Such good advice :)

    Reading Lark's Teasers

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard really good things about this book! Can't wait to see your review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well at leastyu have some snark. I am curious about this one so I will be watching for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read this last week. It's super, super good BUT...
    Prepare to have your heart smashed into small tiny pieces.
    Happy WEDNESDAY! ;)

    Emily @ Ed and Em's Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this cover!!! I really want to read this one! :)
    Thanks for the teaser. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this cover!!! I really want to read this one! :)
    Thanks for the teaser. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Funny tease! I can't wait till this comes out!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...