Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week's teaser comes from the following book:

Add to Goodreads
Title: The Evolution of Mara Dyer
Author: Michelle Hodkin
Series: Mara Dyer, book #2
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: October 23, 2012
Source: purchased
Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Mara Dyer once believed she could run from her past.

She can’t.

She used to think her problems were all in her head.

They aren’t.

She couldn’t imagine that after everything she’s been through, the boy she loves would still be keeping secrets.

She’s wrong.

In this gripping sequel to The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, the truth evolves and choices prove deadly. What will become of Mara Dyer next?


My teaser:

"Mara."
"What?"
"It wasn't Jude," Noah said quietly.
"What wasn't Jude?"
"The doll in your bedroom.  He didn't put it there."
I blinked, not getting it.  "Then who did?"
It felt like forever before Noah finally spoke.
"You." -- p. 190

Ack!  I've got chills now!  The Unbecoming was just the beginning of the creepy.  I have a feeling that The Evolution is going to push the border on creeptastic.  I say bring it on!  I've been patiently waiting until I caught up on review books before I really dove into this novel, but now that I'm ready, I kind of want to savor it.  A good book is like a fine wine...you don't just gulp it up, unless you desire to want for more sooner rather than later.  =)

What are you teasing us with today?  Share it in the comments or leave a link so I can stop by!

14 comments:

  1. Great teaser! I've seen a few reviews about this book and they're all fab. Look forward to hearing your thoughts!

    Here's my teaser - http://robynleanne.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creepy teaser. And you say the whole book is like that? Hmm... My teasers this week are from Kept by Shawntelle Madison and Mystic City by Theo Lawrence. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhh!! Great teaser! I still have book 1 sitting on my shelf, staring at me longingly. I have soooo many amazing books doing that lately! Can't wait to start this series! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser. I still need to read the first book in the series. I have got to make the time.
    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really need to move this up on my TBR pile. i've been wanting to get to this for a while!
    Trish - My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great teaser! I haven't read the first book yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, we have to talk. Just finished this last night.
    Email me when you're done???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great teaser! Sounds like a fantastic book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome teaser! Mine are from Evolution as well!!!! :D

    My Teasers

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still need to read the first book. I can't wait. Hopefully soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great teaser! I still need to read my copy of book one! Thanka for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great quote. It reminds me why I loved Mara Dyer in book one. I have to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Creepy teaser! What is happening to Mara! I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...