Saturday, July 30, 2016

So, since my end-of-the-week post isn't just about what I got in my mailbox or on my Kindle each week -- though that is a big part of it, I won't lie -- I decided to change up the title and intro a bit.  I might tweak the format a bit over time, but for the most part, it'll contain the same stuff: stuff I got, stuff I did, and stuff that's coming up on the blog.  Plus, I get to use the awesome GIF you see here and blow kisses to all the people who sent me lovely books and bookish things.  Oh, and I've started linking up to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Sunday Post hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer since I'm not using a specific meme title anymore.

Can we just freeze time for a bit? I know it's hot as Hades out there, but I'm soooo sick of the back-to-school emails and commercials and seeing school supplies in stores and just everything already. I'm not ready. And I know my kid isn't ready. I thought summer flew by as a kid, but damn. As an adult, it's even worse. And I don't even get to the whole thing off! And it seems like the sooner they start with all of that, the quicker the month of August passes by.

The first part of summer is always my favorite. It's full of possibilities and it seems like the fun will never end. Until you get to August and the world wants you to face facts and acknowledge that it will end and you will have to do something about it. And I'm definitely ready for fall: the cooler temperatures, the smells, the actually being able to be outside for more than ten seconds without suffocating. But I like that with summer comes a lack of routine. I am a control freak by nature, but honestly, it's a little invigorating to let summer take the wheel for a bit. I'm going to miss it...

Okay, okay. On to the books. Here's what I scored this week...

From Publishers/For Review:


 Instagram

Sooooo excited to read The Edge of Everything by Jeff Giles! It sounds AH-MAZING! Thanks, Bloomsbury, for the fantastic promotional package!

Long May She Reign

I've really enjoyed Rhiannon Thomas' Sleeping Beauty retelling, and I have high hopes for this new fantasy story. Thanks to Harper for the review copy!

Traded:



Thanks to Tay & Kendice for these lovely trades!

I just posted a new #booksfortrade | Have You Seen This? post this week! I'm still looking for a few high profile ARCs, like Throne of Glass, On the Fence, and Scarlet (Gaughen), plus some other 2016 releases, including Nevernight, Blood Rose Rebellion, Wintersong, Traitor to the Throne and others.

Purchased:

I was a good girl this week. Or, rather, I had no pre-orders that released this week, lol. =)

Library:

The Crown's Game (The Crown's Game, #1)Pure (Covenant, #2)Deity (Covenant, #3)

The Crown's Game was a bit of a disappointment. So many friends loved it, and so I went in with kinda high expectations. Of course, most of those same friends haven't read The Night Circus, so they weren't constantly comparing the two. And because I had lower expectations for these two subsequent novels in the Covenant series, I think I enjoyed them more. Weird how that works, huh?


So, that's my haul. =) What fabulous bookmail did you get this week?



The Week in Review:

Reviews:

No reviews this week. Been kinda lazy on that front lately...oops. ;0)

Current Giveaways:

Check back soon!!!

Promotional/Discussion Posts:
Currently Reading:

Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Untitled, #1)I waffled A LOT this week on what to read after I finished The Architect of Song, and A.G. Howard and Rosamund Hodge's writing is similar in a macabre, lovely way, so I thought it best to finally start this one. It's a Romeo & Juliet retelling that starts right at the end of the play and it is already wonderful. Full of necromancy and death and longing to be and do more...I'm already a little in love with it.




Currently Listening:

Angel Fire (Angel, #2)I saw SJM recommend Nalini Singh's Angels' Blood this week in her newsletter, so I went and re-listened to that and then I wanted more angels. And I remembered that I'd never finished this series so I re-listened to Angel Burn and now I'm carrying on with the sequel.








Follow on BloglovinLike honest reviews & giveaways?  Be sure to follow us on Bloglovin' so you never miss out!

Instagram Like pretty pictures of books and bookish things? Follow me on Instagram! I also host IG giveaways from time to time. :D


Subscribe by email:




2 comments:

  1. Awesome haul of books this week. I hope you love all of them. King Slayer sounds awesome.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids will be starting school on Aug 11th! What's up with that? Where I'm from we never started until the Tues after labor day. I feel like they are stealing 3 whole weeks from summer.

    My Most Recent Discussion: My Library is Calling Me a Liar

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...