Saturday, July 23, 2016

So, since my end-of-the-week post isn't just about what I got in my mailbox or on my Kindle each week -- though that is a big part of it, I won't lie -- I decided to change up the title and intro a bit.  I might tweak the format a bit over time, but for the most part, it'll contain the same stuff: stuff I got, stuff I did, and stuff that's coming up on the blog.  Plus, I get to use the awesome GIF you see here and blow kisses to all the people who sent me lovely books and bookish things.  Oh, and I've started linking up to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Sunday Post hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer since I'm not using a specific meme title anymore.

So, this is supposed to be the hottest weekend of the year yet, and I believe it. We've been in the 100s or right at 100 for the last few weeks here and I. Am. Dying. I was born in the North -- but my parents call me a Damn Yankee because they moved me here and I never went back -- and I think my internal thermostat is not made to withstand the withering Texas heat. I used to get heat rashes when I was a kid. Now, I'm just smart enough to stay inside in the A/C. :P

But the kid is a little obsessed with Pokemon Go -- and honestly, so are we -- so I know we'll be venturing out to hatch some eggs and catch some Pokemon. The variety near my office is much better than the few Rattata and Pidgeys we have out in the boonies where we live, so we'll probably head there. Tons more Pokestops, too. I get that this game is supposed to get kids (and adults!) outside and exercising a bit more, but did it have to release in the freaking dead of summer?!?

Okay, okay. On to the books. Here's what I scored this week...

From Publishers/For Review:


 Instagram

I was offered a review copy of The Architect of Song and being a hard-core fan of A.G. Howard's Splintered series, I couldn't say yes fast enough. This is her first new adult novel and it's historical fiction with ghosts and baronets and an orphaned protagonist and it's very reminiscent of Crimson Peak, which I just literally watched this week, and I'm kind of in love with it already. You should definitely look into pre-ordering it. =)

Traded:


Thanks to Michelle for this awesome trade! I am soooooo excited to read this. It sounds freaking awesome. And if you can believe it, it'll be my first Neal Shusterman novel. *hangs head in shame*

I just posted a new #booksfortrade | Have You Seen This? post this week! I'm still looking for a few high profile ARCs, like Throne of Glass, On the Fence, and Scarlet (Gaughen), plus some other 2016 releases, including Nevernight, Blood Rose Rebellion, Wintersong, and others.

Purchased:

I was a good girl this week. Or, rather, I had no pre-orders that released this week, lol.

Library:

Tell Me Three ThingsKingdom of Ashes (A Wicked Thing, #2)

I love re-reading via audio and I'd been waiting for my library hold to come through on Tell Me Three Things for ages. And I had an ARC of Kingdom of Ashes, but I never go to it, so I borrowed the audio from the library. It was a surpisingly good sequel.


So, that's my haul. =) What fabulous bookmail did you get this week?



The Week in Review:

Reviews:

We didn't review anything here on the blog, but I posted a few mini-reviews on Goodreads recently...

Blood For Blood (Wolf By Wolf, #2)Half-Blood (Covenant, #1)Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1)How to Hang a WitchTell Me Three ThingsKingdom of Ashes (A Wicked Thing, #2)

Current Giveaways:

Check back soon!!!

Promotional/Discussion Posts:
Currently Reading:

I may end up DNFing Boys of Summer. I've only read the first chapter from each boys' perspective and none of them really grabbed me. I thought that was what I was in the mood for, but this particular book may just be too predictable for me. :(

The Architect of Song (Haunted Hearts Legacy, #1)I wish I hadn't just watched Crimson Peak, that I'd known I was going to get this book this week, because I keep seeing parallels. At the same time, that's not a bad thing because I really enjoyed the movie. And I'm really loving this book. So, I guess it doesn't really make a difference, lol.




Currently Listening:

A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2)I'm re-listening to this because I never reviewed it and I have plans to do so along with a few others, hopefully next week. Also, Rhys. I don't know that I could ever get enough of him.








Follow on BloglovinLike honest reviews & giveaways?  Be sure to follow us on Bloglovin' so you never miss out!

Instagram Like pretty pictures of books and bookish things? Follow me on Instagram! I also host IG giveaways from time to time. :D


Subscribe by email:




8 comments:

  1. Nice haul! I hope you enjoy your books.

    Diane @ Diane's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely bookstagram pictures! I love the old books and the clock in the background. Enjoy your books this week.

    Stéphanie @ Tynga's Reviews

    PS I've gotten hooked on Pokémon Go too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you enjoy your new books. It’s been stupidly hot here, too. I’ve been too busy to spend much time outside, though.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Relistening is my favorite past time. I pretty much only go outside long enough to travel to and from my car, it's just too hot. I'm to the west of you though, so we don't have the humidity.

    Sunday Summary #12

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love loved A Court of Mist and Fury!!!! I want to listen to it on audio now cuz it was just so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just finished Architect of Song a week or so ago and loved it! I didn't like Crimson Peak quite as much though, but I can see where you are getting the parallels, kind of. I need to hurry up and get ahold of A Court of Mist and Fury.
    Check out my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your description of The Architect of Song made me put it on my Goodreads TBR. I hope you enjoy it. Have a fun week of reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought I was the only one that re-read by audio! It's almost the only thing I use audiobooks for...I've tried reading for the first time by audio and I get too impatient, haha!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...