Wednesday, July 6, 2016





"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selection is...








's Pick:



Title: Shadowcaster
Author: Cinda Williams Chima
Series: Shattered Realms, book #2
Publisher: HarperCollins
Publication Date: April 4, 2017

Add to Goodreads
Alyssa ana'Raisa is the reluctant princess heir to the Gray Wolf throne of Fells, a queendom embroiled in a seemingly endless war. Hardened by too many losses, Lyss is more comfortable striking with a sword than maneuvering at court. After a brush with death, she goes on the offensive, meaning to end the war that has raged her whole life. If her gamble doesn't pay off, she could lose her queendom before she even ascends to the throne.

Across enemy lines in Arden, young rising star Captain Halston Matelon has been fighting for his king since he was a lýtling. Lately, though, he finds himself sent on ever more dangerous assignments. Between the terrifying rumors of witches and wolfish warriors to the north and his cruel king at home, Hal is caught in an impossible game of life and death.

Set in the world of the acclaimed Seven Realms series, this is a thrilling story of the unfathomable costs of war, the allure of dark magic, and two principled and conflicted characters, drawn together despite everything they stand to lose.

I cannot believe how long it took me to discover the wonder that is Cinda Williams Chima's writing, but I'm elated that I did. I've listened to and loved her Seven Realms series several times already since discovering it, and then I rolled seamlessly into Flamecaster earlier this year and fell for the world even harder. And it seems that rather than focusing on the characters from that book, we get some new ones to love and hope and fear for! YAASSSSSSS!!!!


What are you desperately waiting for this Wednesday? Let us know in the comments or share a link to your own WoW post!



5 comments:

  1. Wow, I didn't know this one was coming out. Thanks for the heads up and I can't wait to read it!

    Renee My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of people love Cinda Williams Chima's books, but I haven't gotten around to reading any of them yet. I definitely need to check them out. I hope you enjoy it! :)

    Check out my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see these books around, and haven't ever gotten to them. I may need to give them a try if you like them so much. And wow, that cover! Great pick!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I may have to buy these books for the covers alone. They are absolutely beautiful. I have heard great things about her other series as well. Great choice.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...