Friday, July 1, 2016

Mid-Year Check In

Friday, July 1, 2016 with 3 comments

So, I love checking out everyone's EOM posts...what they read, what they liked, what they didn't. But I don't do one of those myself. It's hard enough to put together one at the end of the year, let alone every single month. But I thought I'd at least check in to show how I've been doing for the first six months of the year.

I'm not going to list all of the books I've read because that's already a lot, and the year's only half over. But I want to highlight some favorites and look at some stats and just genuinely see where I've spent my reading time so far this year. Plus, I just really like looking at stats and making charts and graphs. ;)

Here's a look at how I'm faring with my Goodreads challenge:

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue) has read 139 books toward her goal of 225 books.
hide

I know a lot of people aren't participating in the challenge this year because of the stress involved, but I've never had a problem meeting my goal. In fact, sometimes, I increase it when it gets toward the end of the year and I see how well I'm doing. Also, I try not to set too lofty a goal for myself so that it's still doable, should something come up and slow my reading progress.

I've read some really amazing novels already this year. Here are a few (ha!) of my favorite reads so far for 2016:


Some great contemporaries. A few phenomenal series finales. Some new beginnings to series that I can't wait to continue. A few books that crushed my soul. And a 2017 that I just could not wait to start. Anything here you've read or are dying to read? I could honestly re-read all of these right this minute.

Speaking of re-reading, I've been doing a lot of that lately, too. Mostly via audio, but we'll get to that. :P Here's how I've fared with re-reads over the last several years...



I'm really kind of impressed with myself. I mean, we've only gone through half the year, and I've already re-read almost as many books as I re-read all of last year! It makes it a lot easier to justify buying books when you know you're going to read them again and again, ya know?

But as you can see below, each year I read more altogether, so it makes sense that my number of re-reads is on the rise. I'd like to keep this trend going, though. I think I'm going to set an unofficial goal of 100 re-reads for myself this year.


Curious as to how I go through so many books so quickly? I listen to a ton of audio, of which you already know a lot are re-reads. =) Thank you, library, and thank you friend who made that possible again!



Yeah, that's right! I beta-read a book for the first time ever, which is why it's not ultimately counted in my Goodreads total. It's not a real book yet! :D How do you think your numbers would look if you tallied what format you read in the most?

So, that's how my reading has gone so far this year. I think I'm doing preeeeettttty well. :P And here are some of the books I'm most excited to read during the second half of 2016:


I would have included Blood for Blood, but I just started it so I can no longer look forward to it...I can only hope it doesn't crush my soul like some others have this year. ;)

How's your reading progress so far for 2016? Do you have a similar post or an EOM post you'd like me to check out? I'd love to see how you spend YOUR reading time!

As always, happy reading!


3 comments:

  1. I am SO jealous that you can read over 200 books every year!! I can only imagine the books I could cross off my list if I could do that.... sigh... but I definitely can't. I can't even read 100 :( I know we all read at our own paces, I just gotta keep reminding myself that. But GO YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've given me some great ideas for my check-in for mid-2017. You've done amazingly well, even if I read most of my books in audio-format I couldn't do what you've done :)
    - Krys

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your graphic for re-reads. Mine has gone way down as well! Although this year I've been re-reading and listening to a certain series, so it might have gone up this year. I've read and loved some of the same books as you this year.
    Check out my June Wrap-Up Post

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...