Wednesday, July 20, 2016





"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selection is...








's Pick:



Title: The Secret of a Heart Note
Author: Stacey Lee
Series: stand-alone
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Publication Date: December 27, 2016

Add to Goodreads
“Most people don’t know that heartache smells like blueberries.”

As one of only two aromateurs left on the planet, sixteen-year-old Mimosa knows what her future holds: a lifetime of using her extraordinary sense of smell to mix base notes, top notes, and heart notes into elixirs that help others fall in love—all while remaining incurably alone.

The rules are clear: Falling in love would render her nose useless, taking away her one great talent. Still, Mim doesn’t want to spend her life elbow-deep in soil and begonias. She dreams of having a normal high school existence, including a boyfriend. But when she accidentally gives an elixir to the wrong woman, Mim has to rely on the lovesick woman’s son, the school soccer star, to help fix the situation. As she races to set the lovers straight, Mim quickly realizes that when it comes to falling in love, the choice isn’t always hers to make.

Stacey Lee is the author of the critically acclaimed UNDER A PAINTED SKY and OUTRUN THE MOON. Hopeful, funny, and romantic, THE SECRET OF A HEART NOTE is a sweet and charming coming-of-age story that speaks to all of the senses.

I really loved Under a Painted Sky -- I've already listened to that audiobook a couple of times -- and I thoroughly enjoyed Outrun the Moon when I read it earlier this year, so it should come as no surprise that I'm eagerly anticipating Stacey Lee's next novel. I love the idea of aromateurs and extra sensory perception to determine what emotions smell like. I am also a huge fan of magical realism, so obviously this book's been on my radar for some time. Plus, look at that adorable cover!!! :D I can't wait to hold a finished copy in my hands!


What are you desperately waiting for this Wednesday? Let us know in the comments or share a link to your own WoW post!



3 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to this too! The cover is adorable and I love the unique premise. Right now, I think I'm most waiting for Disenchanted: The Trials of Cinderella. I loved the first book in the series so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I've seen this one on NetGalley or Edelweiss, but I could be wrong. I hope you enjoy it!

    WOW
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read Under A Painted Sky yet. Now I'll have to add this to my tbr also. I hope you enjoy reading this.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...