Saturday, January 4, 2014

In My Mailbox #115

Saturday, January 4, 2014 with 14 comments



In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.  It's a weekly meme where we all get to brag about the books and swag we got in the mail, for review, won in contests, etc.





I went back to work this week, but only for two days, so it wasn't all bad.  I was supremely busy, but it was nice to have a routine again.  ;)  Hope you all had a nice holiday and are looking forward to another great year full of awesome new reads!

Anyway, here's what I scored this week:

For Review:

The Winner's CurseCruel BeautyThe Queen of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling, #1)
Thank you, Christina & Harper!!!
(click on the cover(s) above to be taken to the Goodreads page for each book)

I have the bestest blogging pals a girl could ever hope for!  I was lamenting the fact that I didn't get one of those awesome The Winner's Curse packages, and my good friend Christina offered to loan me her copy. Squee!  Harper sent me an ARC of Cruel Beauty, which I'll be digging into very soon, and I'd completely forgotten about The Queen of the Tearling until a friend showcased it on Sunday, so I requested that bad boy lickety split.


Purchased/Freebies:

The Art of FallingUnbound (All Good Things #1)
(click on the cover(s) above to be taken to the Goodreads page for each book)

Needed an easy-going audiobook after quite a bit of fantasy this week, so I nabbed The Art of Falling on Audible.  Unbound was free from Amazon Prime, and I vaguely remember being introduced to the book by the author in a Goodreads message or something.  I initially dismissed the book, but I read a few quotes and an excerpt from the book, and it actually sounds like something I might like.  Here's hoping!  =)

So, that's my haul.  How about you?  What did you get this week?




The Week in Review:

Reviews:

Current Giveaways:  Clear Your Shelves Giveaway - boxes of books up for grabs!

Promotional/Discussion Posts:  The Best of 2013, 2013 Wrap-up Post, 2014 Blogging Resolutions & Goals, and Meh on Memes

Jen's Currently Reading/Listening To:

The Art of FallingEnders (Starters, #2)I re-read/listened to Starters so I'd be adequately prepared for this sequel, which I have been waiting on for nearly two years now. Dislike the new covers, but I'm sooo excited to read this conclusion to Callie's story.  Should be a thrilling good time.






I was in the mood for something cutesie and swoony, and I saw this just released on audio, so there ya go.  Plus, I like the outcast/jock combo and relish seeing how that relationship pans out.



Upcoming Reviews:

Enders (Starters, #2)Bright Before SunriseLady Thief (Scarlet, #2)





Follow on BloglovinLike honest reviews & giveaways?  Be sure to follow us on Bloglovin' so you never miss out!



14 comments:

  1. The Winner's Curse looks super good - I'm happy for you that you got it! :D
    Is it weird that I've always been interested in Cruel Beauty, but I've no idea what it's about? xDD
    Anyway, I hope you'll love these books and looking forward to reading your impressions of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read The winner's curse and I'm reading Cruel beauty at the moment: it's awesome so far :D Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul, Jen. Looking forward to The Winner's Curse and Cruel Beauty so I'll be on the look out for your reviews.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Winner's Curse! AHHH. Such a great friend Christina is! And oh, I haven't heard of The Art of Falling, but I love that combo as well. It should be old for me by now, but it really isn't. Can't wait to see how you like Cruel Beauty as well. I've seen a lot of mixed reviews, but I'm interested in it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started reading Cruel Beauty several days ago and it's really good so far.I really hope that you end up liking it.Cannot wait to see what you think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Winner's Curse! WhooooO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice. So lucky to get The Winner's Curse. Awesome haul.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I'd known you didn't have TWC I'd have let you borrow it. Let me know if you ever see something you'd like to borrow-k? Yay to Queen of Tearling! I hope it's wonderful. I am very excited to hear your thoughts on Cruel Beauty. Hurry and read them all. I finally ordered Scarlet and I requested Lady Thief. I just know I'm going to love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They all look great, awesome haul! Cruel Beauty looks especially good. Thanks for sharing.

    Best xoxo,
    KG
    www.thatgirlkg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so cannot wait to read The Winner's Curse! Cruel Beauty is coming up on my reading schedule too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm starting CRUEL BEAUTY and WINNER'S CURSE soon, am very excited! I'm curious about the Scarlet series as well, it's been specifically recommended to me several times but I still haven't gotten around to it. Happy reading, Jen!

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do let us know your thoughts on Cruel Beauty! I've seen lots of positive reviews, but I know I've seen mixed reactions as well. Everyone is talking about The Winner's Curse! :D I know Heather was one of the lucky souls who got a copy in that beautiful bundle. I must burrow it from her!

    Enjoy all the goodies!

    Marlene @ The Flyleaf Review

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want The Winner's Curse so badly! So cool that your friend loaned you her copy :) And Cruel Beauty was amaaaaazing, I really need to write my review! I haven't heard of the other ones but I'm off to check them out now :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really want to read The Winner's Curse and Cruel Beauty.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...