Wednesday, January 1, 2014




"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selection is...






Title: Chasing Before
Author: Lenore Appelhans
Series: The Memory Chronicles, book #2
Publisher: Simon & Schuster BFYR
Publication Date: August 26, 2014

Add to Goodreads
Felicia and Neil have left Level 2 behind, but another level stands between them and Heaven: Level 3. While the purpose of Level 2 is to relive your time on Earth and make peace with your memories, the objective of Level 3 is to completely detach from life and prepare for your divine vocation.

During Felicia and Neil's training period, a series of explosions destroy the portals out of Level 3. Tension is high, and casualties are mounting. Though Neil wants to become either a Muse or a Healer to help, Felicia is drawn to the Seraphim Guard. A rift forms between the pair, one that grows wider when Felicia receives memories from the Morati. The memories cast doubt on the people she loves the most, but Felicia can't stop her curiosity. She has to know the truth about her life before she moves on--if she can manage to evade old enemies long enough to find a way out of Level 3.

Considering that whole "out with the old, in with the new" mentality of the new year, I thought this would be a perfect pick for today's WoW.  But, what, no mention of Julian?  Or is he one of the "old enemies"?  Either way, I'm on board...I just love stories about the afterlife, at least when they're portrayed like this:  all crazy and unknown and not just about haunting the ones you loved.

And look, another book I'm waiting on where the series was redesigned:

Level 2 (The Memory Chronicles, #1)  vs.  The Memory of After (The Memory Chronicles, #1)Chasing Before (The Memory Chronicles, #2)

I like the new covers and the new title for book one.  I just wish they'd thought of them before I got my finished copy of the first book.  *le sigh*

Now that you know what I'm dying to read, what are you waiting on this week?  Feel free to share it in the comments or leave a link so I can stop by!



6 comments:

  1. I won Level 2 in a giveaway! I don't know much about it...but it looks exciting. I've got the pinky cover. Not sure which I prefer honestly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually like the original cover better! Nice pick(:
    Happy reading
    Jackie
    Old Follower

    http://nobentspines.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like the redesign of this one. Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! I haven't seen this one. I like these covers! Level 4 has been on my tbr for a while. I wish there was more time to read!!! Happy New Year, Jen!

    Tressa @ Tressa's Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read Level 2 a while back, but didn't really enjoy it. I love the cover redesigns, though.

    Great post! I hope you can stop by my WoW post. Happy reading : )
    -Leslie (Michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely recommend this book (and series)! Appelhans continues to show off her amazingly unique concept of the afterlife with beautiful storytelling, compelling characters, and exciting action sequences.

    Mariz
    Maids of Warwick New York

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...