Wednesday, February 27, 2013



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selection is...




Add to Goodreads
Title: The Distance Between Us
Author: Kasie West
Series: n/a
Publisher: Harper Teen
Publication Date: July 2, 2013

Seventeen-year-old Caymen Meyers studies the rich like her own personal science experiment, and after years of observation she’s pretty sure they’re only good for one thing—spending money on useless stuff, like the porcelain dolls in her mother’s shop.

So when Xander Spence walks into the store to pick up a doll for his grandmother, it only takes one glance for Caymen to figure out he’s oozing rich. Despite his charming ways and that he’s one of the first people who actually gets her, she’s smart enough to know his interest won’t last. Because if there’s one thing she’s learned from her mother’s warnings, it’s that the rich have a short attention span. But Xander keeps coming around, despite her best efforts to scare him off. And much to her dismay, she's beginning to enjoy his company.

She knows her mom can’t find out—she wouldn’t approve. She’d much rather Caymen hang out with the local rocker who hasn’t been raised by money. But just when Xander’s attention and loyalty are about to convince Caymen that being rich isn’t a character flaw, she finds out that money is a much bigger part of their relationship than she’d ever realized. And that Xander’s not the only one she should’ve been worried about.


Why I'm waiting:  I loved Kasie West's debut novel Pivot Point, which, despite being a science fiction novel, had a distinctly contemporary vibe.  And since I already know the author can rock the contemporary, as well as the sci-fi, I am sure this novel will be pretty awesome.  The star-crossed lovers/kids from opposite sides of the track kind of romance always appeals to me, too, so I can't wait to see how that plays out.

What are you waiting on this week?  Feel free to share it in the comments or leave a link so I can stop by!

28 comments:

  1. I still need to read Pivot Point, but from all the good things I've been hearing I can only imagine that this will be a great book too.
    Thanks for sharing.

    My WoW

    Sabina @ Delirious About Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one does look very good. I am excited to read it. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an intriguing story...and a series to explore. Thanks!

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really wanted to read Pivot Point, but now she has this one?? Count me in! I love the cover, and it's such and intriguing story line. :) Amazing pick!

    My WoW: http://wwwthebookshelves.blogspot.com/2013/02/waiting-on-wednesday-22-impostor-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not really a series for me but I hope you enjoy it! Happy Wednesday!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent pick! I've heard West is awesome and you know my love for Contemp. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds fantastic! Adding it. Maybe I need to move Pivot Point up on the TBR...

    Have a great Wednesday, Jen!
    ~Gin @Addicted to Words
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one looks good. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also adored Pivot Point and can't wait to read this one. I'm such a huge contemporary fan and this one just sounds fabulous. Great WoW pick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds really good. I haven't read Pivot Point, by I've heard nothing but good reviews about her work. Great pick!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes!! I'm super psyched for this one too. Again, I can't help it, but I just love the cover. I wonder if that's why I'm so drawn to contempts... the covers are just adorable! I've heard amazing things about Pivot Point, and I'm sure this one will be amazing too. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read anything by Kasie West. But you've completely sold me. Great choice. Please check out my WoW!

    Thanks
    Anna @ Wandering Librarians

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read Pivot Point yet but I've heard good things which just double my excitement to read this book knowing that it will likely deliver. I think the cover is adorable, the blurb sounds good and I am a total sucker for contemporary! Great pick!

    my WoW @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can't wait to read this one either. Nice pick!

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/02/waiting-on-wednesday-36.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm waiting on this one, too! It sounds great!

    Jennifer
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was thinking this looked familiar and I checked my calendar and guess what I have a copy. So I will be reading and reviewing this. Hopefully it will be a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've seen this one a lot this week! I'll have to add it to my TBR along with Pivot Point :)

    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have this on my tbr and I can't wait to read it! Great pick.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG I want this book! Especially after finishing Pivot Point and loving it so much. EEP! I hope it is just as good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This sounds fabulous! I love plots where both characters don't instantly fall in love and this plot is a little different than I've read before. I also like the cover. I don't really care for the covers where there are two faces about to kiss. I like these types of covers much better. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my WOW! Another book for my tbr. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm so excited for this book!! It looks so cute!

    My WOW

    Jessica@ Lovin' Los Libros
    (New Follower)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Somehow in the back of my mind I knew that Kasie West had a completely different genre of book coming out. Cool!

    You do notice that I have not done a WoW since you stole my luck. I am plotting to get it back….

    ReplyDelete
  23. This one seems to be a popular one isn't it?! Whoo I'm excited though. I really do like the cover too.
    ------
    Giselle @ Book Nerd Canada
    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh my god yes! I LOVED Pivot Point and like you I am not a big fan of sci-fi but I loved the contemporary part of it and I can't wait to read The Distance Between Us!!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  25. YESSS!! I can't wait to read more from Kasie West! That woman is a genius and I'm sure this book will be just as amazing as Pivot Point! Even though Pivot Point was paranormal-esque, it really felt like a contemporary, so I just know that Kasie will rock a pure contemporary book.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great pick! I can't wait for this!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This cover is just so adorable! I want to read both of Kasie West's books!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...