Wednesday, February 20, 2013



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selection is...




Add to Goodreads
Title: The Book of Broken Hearts
Author: Sarah Ockler
Series: n/a
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Publication Date: May 21, 2013

When all signs point to heartbreak, can love still be a rule of the road? A poignant and romantic novel from the author of Bittersweet and Twenty Boy Summer.

Jude has learned a lot from her older sisters, but the most important thing is this: The Vargas brothers are notorious heartbreakers. She’s seen the tears and disasters that dating a Vargas boy can cause, and she swore an oath—with candles and a contract and everything—to never have anything to do with one.

Now Jude is the only sister still living at home, and she’s spending the summer helping her ailing father restore his vintage motorcycle—which means hiring a mechanic to help out. Is it Jude’s fault he happens to be cute? And surprisingly sweet? And a Vargas?

Jude tells herself it’s strictly bike business with Emilio. Her sisters will never find out, and Jude can spot those flirty little Vargas tricks a mile away—no way would she fall for them. But Jude’s defenses are crumbling, and if history is destined to repeat itself, she’s speeding toward some serious heartbreak…unless her sisters were wrong?

Jude may have taken an oath, but she’s beginning to think that when it comes to love, some promises might be worth breaking.


Why I'm waiting:  I'm on a bit of a contemporary kick lately, and this book sounds awesome.  I mean, c'mon....there are definitely going to be consequences to swearing an oath not to date a certain boy or boys.  ;) Regretfully, I haven't read anything by this author to-date, but I do have Bittersweet on my shelf.  It sounds equally as cute, so while I'm waiting on this book to release, I'm hoping I can play a bit of catch up and finally get to Bittersweet.

What are you waiting on this week?  Feel free to share it in the comments or leave a link so I can stop by!

20 comments:

  1. Sarah Ockler? I'm SO there. Awesome pick for WOW, Jen! This reminds me I'll have to bug the lovely peeps at S&S soon. ;)

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this book isn't for me but I hope you enjoy it when you do get the chance to read!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this one!! I can't wait to read it. You should definitely give Bittersweet a chance if you can manage. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been noticing this author...and it's time to give her a go! Thanks for sharing...and here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! I've been eager to read this one for quite some time. I really enjoyed Twenty Boy Summer. I also have not read Bittersweet yet, nor do I have a copy. Shame on me! :P I hope to get a copy and read it soon. Great pick, Jen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a cool contemporary read. Good pick!

    Old follower
    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/02/waiting-on-wednesday-35.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, I'd pick up this book. Love contemporary and this sounds like something I'd enjoy.

    Here's my WoW!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  8. This seems like sweet story. Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm. I haven't heard of this before but it sounds pretty good!
    Beth @ YA Vixens
    Vixen's WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one sounds really good and cute. I'm really excited for this one. Great pick!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  11. This one sounds oh so good! I requested it forever ago on Edelweiss but never got an answer. *cries* lol Only 3 more months though. I think I can occupy myself until then. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never read anything by Sarah Ockler but have been dying to read Bittersweet but have yet to get my hands on it. Great pick, this one sounds great too!
    My WoW Pick!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pick! I've had my eye on this for a while. It sounds like it will be good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I still need to read Bittersweet. I requested this awhile back and still have not gotten a reply...sigh. I really think it sounds like a good read! Happy Wednesday, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Definitely a contemporary I'll watch out for ;) I foresee great interactions between Emilio and Jude. And I have to read Twenty Boy Summer already, it sounds so amazing!
    Thanks for stopping by earlier :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVED Bittersweet. Sadly, I got rejected for this on Edelweiss. Que sera, sera......

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Sarah Ockler, and this book sounds like it's going to be another hit for me. Such a beautiful cover too! Great pick :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have Bittersweet and Twenty Boy Summer but haven't read them yet. I've heard great things about this author and this one also sounds perfect! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I already have this on my to-read list and I'm really excited about it. I have every intention to read it when it comes out and I can't wait. Great pick! I hope you enjoy reading it!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...