Friday, February 22, 2013

Covers By Katie
Okay, so I totally stole this idea from Sara at Forever 17 Books, who got the idea from an article on Babble called Judging a Book by Its Cover: A 6-year-old Guesses What Classic Novels Are All About.  I just discovered her lovely segment, and I immediately requested forced my own four-year-old daughter Katie to provide me with some of her own cover art artwork and then asked her what she thought the book was about.



This week, Katie gave me her take on the following book:

Add to Goodreads






"It's about a girl picking up a button with a happy heart on it and there was magic that made it come to her."












Cover Art

The Boyfriend App as envisioned by Katiebug

Katie was drawn to the "happy heart" on the cover when she saw this ARC sitting on my desk, but I just like the simplicity of it.  I don't think there's any magic in this book, not the real kind, anyway, but I love that she thinks pretty much everything I read contains magic.  But we are talking about the kid who turns everything into a wand.  =)

Have you read this book?  What do you think of Katie's guess at the premise?  Did your little darling create a work of art based on a book this week? If so, be sure to link up with Sara over at Forever 17 Books.


6 comments:

  1. Kids really say the cutest things! I love her take on the book :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not read this book but I feel Katie nailed the cover this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, Katie!! I think my daughter would love this cover.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her art is really growing. I love that she looks for magic in everything. The imagination of a child! Love it! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book look really cute! Great art work. Magic heart :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Everything is so magical when you are a kid. I miss that. <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...