Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week's teaser(s) comes from the following book(s):

Add to Goodreads
Title: Hopeless
Author: Colleen Hoover
Series: Hopeless, book #1
Publisher: indie/self-pubbed
Publication Date: January 8, 2013
Source: PB won from author via The Autumn Review
Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Sometimes discovering the truth can leave you more hopeless than believing the lies…

That’s what seventeen-year-old Sky realizes after she meets Dean Holder. A guy with a reputation that rivals her own and an uncanny ability to invoke feelings in her she’s never had before. He terrifies her and captivates her all in the span of just one encounter, and something about the way he makes her feel sparks buried memories from a past that she wishes could just stay buried.

Sky struggles to keep him at a distance knowing he’s nothing but trouble, but Holder insists on learning everything about her. After finally caving to his unwavering pursuit, Sky soon finds that Holder isn’t at all who he’s been claiming to be. When the secrets he’s been keeping are finally revealed, every single facet of Sky’s life will change forever.

Due to sexual content and heavy subject matter, this book is recommended for ages 17+.


My teaser:

"He drops his hands and keeps his eyes locked on mine while he backs up to the stove. He turns around to tend to the pasta like he didn't just ruin me for any other guy for the rest of my life."
-- p. 152

Gawd, I loved that part!  Actually, I'm loving this whole freaking book.  It's because of books like this that I was forced to create my "why am I just now reading this?" shelf on Goodreads.  =D

What are you teasing this week?  Share it in the comments or leave a link so I can visit!

16 comments:

  1. Amazing teaser Jen! I really want to read this one! Colleen Hoover is awesomesauce! :))

    My TT: http://wwwthebookshelves.blogspot.com/2013/02/teaser-tuesday-9-unravel-me-by-tahereh.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, great teaser! I've been meaning to pick this one up since oh-so-long!! After reading your teaser I better get to it fast!!

    Oh how I wish someone would 'just ruin me for any other guy for the rest of my life.' ;P

    Do check out my TT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my how did he ruin her for all other guys. That must have been some kiss- at least I hope it was some kiss.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwwwwwe~ I'm thinking I have to read this book just to experience how awesome he is haha! Awesome teaser, thanks for sharing and stopping by Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now THAT'S a teaser!! Yup... I think Hopeless just bumped up a few more spots on my TBR list... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this book and yes i remember this scene perfectly. And yes it was an incredible book. I loved it and that's an understatement.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ~Danica Page@Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have got to read this book. Michelle was gushing over it! What a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha - I definitely need a "why am I just now reading this" shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this book. I got to meet and hang out w/Colleen this weekend. Totally bought a signed copy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, I love this book so much and that part is just the cutest ever!
    Great pick :-)
    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your teaser! Of course I'm dying to find out what he did to her before turning around now :P
    I've heard so much praise for this book, I think I need to move it upwards in my bottomless pit of a goodreads TBR shelf ;)
    Thanks for stopping by <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am dying to read this one!!! You're killing me here!
    LOVE the teaser though :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. That quote is pretty swoony, I must say. I've seen great reviews for this one, so I'm going to have it pick it up soon. :)


    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
  14. YAY!!! I'm so glad you are loving this book. It's an all-time favorite. <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic teaser! I won this book recently and I can't wait to start it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...