Saturday, March 26, 2016

So, since my end-of-the-week post isn't just about what I got in my mailbox or on my Kindle each week -- though that is a big part of it, I won't lie -- I decided to change up the title and intro a bit.  I might tweak the format a bit over the next few weeks, but for the most part, it'll contain the same stuff: stuff I got, stuff I did, and stuff that's coming up on the blog.  Plus, I get to use the awesome GIF you see here and blow kisses to all the people who sent me lovely books and bookish things.  Oh, and I've started linking up to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews since I'm not using a specific meme title anymore.  April's also doing her own Stacking the Shelves posts on Sundays.  Stop by and say hi!  =)
This week was very un-busy at work and at home, too. So, I took Thursday off to attend the Bunny Run at Katie's school and signed Katie out afterward so that we could just have a girls day...and a four-day weekend!! Woot! I love days when it's just me and her, chatting about anything and everything, doing our nails or playing games. She's growing so fast and I don't want to miss a thing!

I didn't get much in the way of book mail this week, but if you saw my post last week with two week's worth of mail, you'll probably understand why this is a bit of a relief. I'm starting to feel the pressure again and that anxious need to take a step back. It really starts getting to me when it stops feeling fun and more like work, especially when I take on too many promotional assignments.

For example, I was asked to interview one of the authors at the #PenguinTeenOnTour stop here in Dallas on Tuesday, and I accepted, though now I'm kind of regretting it because I always think my inherent shyness will somehow disappear when actually faced with the task at hand. Nope. It only intensifies the closer the event gets. It's going to take everything in me not to back out. Most would probably think this is a great honor - and it is - but for me, it is a BIG deal in a very different way. I am painfully, awkwardly, sometimes unintelligibly shy. I am much better on paper or behind a screen where I don't have to interact with people who make me nervous. But I've already prepared a list of questions and I'm genuinely excited to meet each and every one of the authors, so I'm going to try to suck it up and make the best of it. And it should be an amazing time with that lineup! *fingers crossed I do okay*

Okay, okay. On to the books. Here's what I scored this week...

From Publishers:

Ever the Hunted (Clash of Kingdoms, #1)

I may have only gotten one book this week, but it's one I've been looking forward to since the moment I knew it existed. So, of course, I had to start it immediately. And it's as good as I'd been hoping. =) =) =)

Traded:

I'll have a new #booksfortrade | Have You Seen This? post up soon, updating what I have left and some new additions, plus I'll have a spreadsheet with my trades and wishlist available. I'm still looking for a few high profile ARCs, like The Rose & the Dagger, The Near Witch, and Throne of Glass, plus some other 2016 releases.

Purchased:

Nothing this week, but it'll probably be a different story next week since I still have no access to a library.

Library:

Nothing. Yeah, I'm still crying about it. :(

My library card is expired. I use the capital's library, and unfortunately, they've reinstated the non-resident fee. Which happens to be $120/annually. That seems a little high to me...like, maybe just ask for a donation? I'd be all for that. My own local libraries, of which there are two I have access to, are very, very small with little selection. I told you I live in a town of less than 2000, right? And we don't even have our own library. We share with the neighboring city, and I'm also allowed to visit the county library, but it's located in a town of only 5k. And neither library uses Overdrive. :( :( :( So you can see my dilemma.


So, that's my haul. =) What fabulous bookmail did you get this week?



The Week in Review:

Reviews:

Map of Fates (The Conspiracy of Us, #2)The Heir and the SpareGlass Sword (Red Queen, #2)Morning Star (Red Rising, #3)When We Collided

Current Giveaways:

Check back soon! (And I mean real soon!) :D

Promotional/Discussion Posts:  
Currently Reading:

Ever the Hunted (Clash of Kingdoms, #1)I couldn't resist starting this the moment it was downloaded to my Kindle. I just know it's going to be amazing! And I needed something with fantasy in it after the heartbreak When We Collided left me with...




Currently Listening:

I just finished my re-read via audio of The Raven Cycle, and I'm really wishing I hadn't sped through it like I did. But I couldn't help myself! Now I don't know what to listen to next, though. I have several Audible credits to use -- one of those is already allotted to The Winner's Kiss, which releases on Tuesday -- but I can't decide if I should save them since I don't have access to library titles right now and just re-listen to something else instead. It's not like I don't have a ton of audio on my phone already.



Upcoming Reviews:


The Star-Touched QueenP.S. I Like YouPlaces No One KnowsA Gathering of Shadows (Shades of Magic, #2)Marked in Flesh (The Others, #4)




Follow on BloglovinLike honest reviews & giveaways?  Be sure to follow us on Bloglovin' so you never miss out!

Instagram Like pretty pictures of books and bookish things? Follow me on Instagram! I also host IG giveaways from time to time. :D


Subscribe by email:




3 comments:

  1. Ever the Hunted does sound as good as it looks. I got it as well. I hope you love all of your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many pretty covers! I am reading the Anne Bishop series soon as well. Hope you enjoy.
    Bambi's StS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you subscribe to Audible? There are some books I really just want to listen to as opposed to "read" but my public library doesn't have them. And then I'd like to own some of the audiobooks I have listened to. I just can't make myself pay the monthly fee. :-( I know what you mean about being shy. I have all these things planned to say to authors when I meet them, but then either say them wrong or get so shy I forget and can't get out what I wanted to say. Hope you have a great week! I still need to do one of those books for trade posts, as I have a few I really want!
    Check out my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...