Wednesday, March 23, 2016

{WOW} NEVERNIGHT by Jay Kristoff

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 with 4 comments




"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selection is...








's Pick:



Title: Nevernight
Author: Jay Kristoff
Series: The Nevernight Chronicles, book #1
Publisher: Thomas Dunne Books
Publication Date: August 9, 2016

Add to Goodreads
The first in a new fantasy series.

In a land where three suns almost never set, a fledgling killer joins a school of assassins, seeking vengeance against the powers who destroyed her family.

Daughter of an executed traitor, Mia Corvere is barely able to escape her father's failed rebellion with her life. Alone and friendless, she wanders a city built from the bones of a dead god, hunted by the Senate and its thugs. But her gift for speaking with the shadows leads her to the hearth of a retired killer, and a future she never imagined.

Now, Mia is apprenticed to the deadliest flock of assassins in the entire Republic—the Red Church. Treachery and trials await her with the Church’s halls, and to fail is to die. But if she survives to initiation, Mia will be inducted among the chosen of the Lady of Blessed Murder, and one step closer to the only thing she desires.

Revenge.

I've never met a Jay Kristoff book I didn't love. Or one of his covers that I didn't immediately covet. But there is no doubt in my mind that this is going to be my new favorite of his solo projects. All I needed to read was assassins, and I was sold. And, of course, there's revenge because, duh, those two tend to go hand-in-hand. I'm hoping for one awesome fight scene after another. I just know it's going to be epic. And if you think about it, August isn't all that far away. ;0)



What are you desperately waiting for this Wednesday? Let us know in the comments or share a link to your own WoW post!



4 comments:

  1. YES! I must have this. Everything Jay Kristoff writes is literary gold, seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I am so excited about this book. It sounds so fantastic. I was totally sold by assassins and the revenge angle as well. Great choice!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you believe I haven't read a book by this author yet? Derp.

    Happy reading, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one sounds interesting! I haven't read anything by this author yet either, but keep meaning to.
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...