Wednesday, March 16, 2016

{WOW} THREE DARK CROWNS by Kendare Blake

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 with 12 comments




"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selection is...








's Pick:



Title: Three Dark Crowns
Author: Kendare Blake
Series: untitled series, book #1
Publisher: HarperTeen
Publication Date: September 20, 2016

Add to Goodreads
Every generation on the island of Fennbirn, a set of triplets is born: three queens, all equal heirs to the crown and each possessor of a coveted magic. Mirabella is a fierce elemental, able to spark hungry flames or vicious storms at the snap of her fingers. Katharine is a poisoner, one who can ingest the deadliest poisons without so much as a stomachache. Arsinoe, a naturalist, is said to have the ability to bloom the reddest rose and control the fiercest of lions.

But becoming the Queen Crowned isn’t solely a matter of royal birth. Each sister has to fight for it. And it’s not just a game of win or lose…it’s life or death. The night the sisters turn sixteen, the battle begins. The last queen standing gets the crown.

If only it was that simple. Katharine is unable to tolerate the weakest poison, and Arsinoe, no matter how hard she tries, can’t make even a weed grow. The two queens have been shamefully faking their powers, taking care to keep each other, the island, and their powerful sister Mirabella none the wiser. But with alliances being formed, betrayals taking shape, and ruthless revenge haunting the queens’ every move, one thing is certain: the last queen standing might not be the strongest…but she may be the darkest.

I love Kendare Blake's novels. She does shocking and dark like nobody's business. But this book? THIS BOOK sounds amazing. Three queens fighting to the death for the crown. Two of them faking their powers. That doesn't just sound amazing, it sounds...




What are you desperately waiting for this Wednesday? Let us know in the comments or share a link to your own WoW post!



12 comments:

  1. this one is new to me. Nice pick

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS BOOK SOUNDS AMAZING! September?! I NEED IT NOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really excited about this one! Love her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really keeping my eyes out for this one as well!!

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're waiting on the same book! I haven't read Blake's books before but this one has me really intrigued. Love the cover too. Something about it pulls me in. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on this one, it really does sound wicked! I love Kendare and her books, so I'm really excited for this one!

    Anatea | Anatea's Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've found out about this book today and I'm waiting for it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is on my waiting list too! :D I loved Anna Dressed in Blood, so I really want to read more from this author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my god this book sounds AMAZING, and that cover is gorgeous. I've never read any of Kendare Blake's books, but I'm totally going to be checking this one out.

    Halee @ Confessions of a Book Addict.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haven't heard of this one. I know the author by name but haven't read anything by her. I hope you enjoy it! My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the first I've heard of this- and wowzers! Sounds amazing. And man, I love that cover too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hadn't heard of this until now, but it sounds good and I do love that author! The cover is so cool as well.
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...