Saturday, March 19, 2016

So, since my end-of-the-week post isn't just about what I got in my mailbox or on my Kindle each week -- though that is a big part of it, I won't lie -- I decided to change up the title and intro a bit.  I might tweak the format a bit over the next few weeks, but for the most part, it'll contain the same stuff: stuff I got, stuff I did, and stuff that's coming up on the blog.  Plus, I get to use the awesome GIF you see here and blow kisses to all the people who sent me lovely books and bookish things.  Oh, and I've started linking up to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews since I'm not using a specific meme title anymore.  April's also doing her own Stacking the Shelves posts on Sundays.  Stop by and say hi!  =)

So, if you're reading this anytime after noon on Saturday, I'm probably already smashed. ;-) That's just how we do St. Patty's Day in Big D...even if it is two days after the actual holiday this year. =D First the parade in the morning, which is just basically a huge block party, then the concert afterward. The performance is usually someone from back in the day...or I guess I should say, back in my day. For awhile, it was the Toadies. A couple of years ago, it was Snoop Dogg. And this year it's Third Eye Blind. The hubs bailed on me because he doesn't relish the idea of seeing a band that "peaked when we were in high school" -- his words, not mine -- but we're making a Sisters Day out of it, since this is usually how the older sis likes to celebrate her birthday, anyway. And he still offered to be our DD, so he's not all bad. :P

Speaking of St. Patty's Day, the luck o' the Irish has been with me the last couple of weeks. I missed getting a lot of bookmail over Spring Break because I still have most of it sent to my office after the big move, but this is what I came back to. ▶▶▶

And then I received a few more trades this week, leaving me with quite a stack of books to show for just a couple of weeks. I'm not complaining, but my husband sure was. You see, I'm supposed to be culling my shelves, not adding to them. Oops.

Okay, okay. On to the books. Here's what I scored this week...

From Publishers:



From Harper and Bloomsbury, I received these lovely ARCs and finished copies. I'm super excited for Girl Against the Universe! And April just reviewed The Way I Used to Be and really made me want to read it.

Traded:



So many awesome trades to show off this week!!!! I'm reading When We Collided right now and it is everything I wanted from my third Emery Lord book...which is to say it's absolutely AMAZING!



The two Libba Bray ARCs are signed. And I now have both ARCs of Rebel of the Sands, which is totally going on my top ten list this year.

Just posted a new #booksfortrade | Have You Seen This? post and I'm hoping to update it again this week. I made someone else's dream come true this last month and would love to help others...while also hopefully completing some of my own collections. I think that damn Throne of Glass ARC is going to remain elusive for the rest of my life, though. :( Won't someone take pity on me?!?

Purchased:

Marked in Flesh (The Others, #4)

I adore this series. Especially on audio.

Library:

Nothing. :( My library card is expired. I use the capital's library, and unfortunately, they've reinstated the non-resident fee. Which happens to be $120/annually. That seems a little high to me...like, maybe just ask for a donation? I'd be all for that. My own local libraries, of which there are two I have access to, are very, very small with little selection. I told you I live in a town of less than 2000, right? And we don't even have our own library. We share with the neighboring city, and I'm also allowed to visit the county library, but it's located in a town of only 5k. So you can see my dilemma. Womp womp womp.




So, that's my haul. =) What fabulous bookmail did you get this week?



The Week in Review:

Reviews:

Assassin's Heart (Assassin's Heart, #1)The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl from Everywhere, #1)The Way I Used to BeShimmer (The Rephaim, #3)

Current Giveaways:

Check back soon! (And I mean real soon!) :D

Promotional/Discussion Posts:  
Currently Reading:

When We CollidedI am LOVING this book, guys. I had hoped to have finished it by now, but I'm 15 or 16 books ahead of my Goodreads goal, so I'm not sweatin' it. What I am worried about, though, is the ending. Please tell me it's not going to gut me, a la All the Bright Places. I need these characters to have a happy ending, after everything they've been through...




Currently Listening:

Marked in Flesh (The Others, #4)I may have finished this by the time this posts. But just know that the below GIF is an adequate representation of me during the book. I mean, this is book 4 in the series, and all Meg and Simon have done so far is cuddle...as girl and wolf. Hoping to be able to eat my words by the time this book is over. *wink, wink*







Upcoming Reviews:


The Star-Touched QueenP.S. I Like YouPlaces No One KnowsWhen We Collided




Follow on BloglovinLike honest reviews & giveaways?  Be sure to follow us on Bloglovin' so you never miss out!

Instagram Like pretty pictures of books and bookish things? Follow me on Instagram! I also host IG giveaways from time to time. :D


Subscribe by email:




7 comments:

  1. The thing that stands out to me is Rebel of the Sands, which I'm desperate to read! I NEED IT SO BAD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just now getting around to purchasing the first book in The Others series, but I can't wait to jump in. Awesome haul!
    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul this week, I hope you enjoy them all :) I'd actually be quite happy to see Third Eye Blind perform live, even if they did peak ages ago haha. I LOVED Rebel of the Sands, that was one of my top reads last year. I am so excited for the sequel, it can't release quick enough. Here's my STS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about your library card that really stinks and is rather ridiculous :( I know what it's like to live in a town with a small library. We're a decent sized town, and have two libraries which we share with the neighboring towns, but both are super small and have tiny collections. It's a pain to even get to either of them, too, since they're both way out of the way of everything else.

    Great haul! It's so cool that you have both version of the Rebel of the Sands ARC :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your "currently reading" blurb has me wanting to suddenly read WHEN WE COLLIDED next from my TBR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel your library pain. The city libraries around here have crazy fees for non residents too. Luckily our tiny library is part of a great ebook lending site! Have you checked to see if your library has Overdrive?

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many amazing books. You had a great week! There are several calling my name. LOL Don't you love checking the mail!

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...